Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 02 Jun '12 17:07 / 2 edits
    just saying,

Bruzon (2652) v Anand (2803) 2006.06.09

you know its true.
  2. 02 Jun '12 19:14
    its not a pure colle is it.. The zuke is better
  3. 02 Jun '12 20:01
    Originally posted by plopzilla
    pure Colle? my man! you know better than that.
  4. 02 Jun '12 20:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    pure Colle? my man! you know better than that.
    I used to play these patzer 'set up a pawn triange now come and get me' type opening systems and ironically had my best ever result OTB with it. But now when I see Colle or London against me I just want to smash it to pieces.. 🙂

Now i play an equally bad kia. 🙂
  5. 02 Jun '12 21:08
    I used to play these patzer 'set up a pawn triange now come and get me' type opening systems and ironically had my best ever result OTB with it. But now when I see Colle or London against me I just want to smash it to pieces.. 🙂

Now i play an equally bad kia. 🙂
    Patzer set ups?, ummm, Bruzon was rated 2652, which i guess makes him a total
    patzer, your right! Perhaps you had better revisit the Colle, the KIA is like a toothless
    granny sucking on a toffee apple 😛
  6. Subscriber Paul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    03 Jun '12 00:41
    patzer, your right! Perhaps you had better revisit the Colle, the KIA is like a toothless
    Robbie, if you bust on the KIA, you are on your own. I own too many OTB scalps with it.
  7. 03 Jun '12 01:26 / 1 edit
    Somehow Robbie forgot to mention that the posted game was a five minute game.

It was the the rapid play semi-final.
    Anand lost that one but knocked out Bruzon and went on to beat Topalov in the final.

just saying.
  8. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    03 Jun '12 01:47
    Here we go again.

Just saying
  9. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    03 Jun '12 01:48
    As a KID player myself, I find it may not have teeth, but it can gum an opponent to death.
  10. 03 Jun '12 05:09
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    As a KID player myself, I find it may not have teeth, but it can gum an opponent to death.
    Best comment in this thread. Kudos 😛
  11. 03 Jun '12 07:15
  12. 03 Jun '12 09:00 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Somehow Robbie forgot to mention that the posted game was a five minute game.

It was the the rapid play semi-final.
    Anand lost that one but knocked out Bruzon and went on to beat Topalov in the final.

just saying.
    Damn you GP, busted again! Is there no way to slink in a few Colle games without
    being busted! Ok officer, i confess, take me down town! (holds out hands for cuffs!)
  13. 03 Jun '12 09:02
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    Robbie, if you bust on the KIA, you are on your own. I own too many OTB scalps with it.
    I suggest giving my opponent a toffee apple, as symbol more than anything! 😛
  14. 03 Jun '12 09:03
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    eeeewwwwww!
  15. 03 Jun '12 09:03
    meh, mere pedantry !