1. Joined
    16 Dec '01
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 23:15
    Hi,

Cant send a link but does any of you experts think this player gave up to early seeing as he was/is 130 + points ahead of me????

Not interested in his/my mistakes but just should he have resigned???

Game No..... 5544343

How do I attach a link on here??
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 23:16
    Originally posted by Ciaran
    Hi,

Cant send a link but does any of you experts think this player gave up to early seeing as he was/is 130 + points ahead of me????

Not interested in his/my mistakes but just should he have resigned???

Game No..... 5544343

How do I attach a link on here??
    Game 5544343 like this
  3. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 23:46
    In the red bar above click "Help" then "FAQ" to see how to format many items (including games) for posting in the forums. It will look like this:

[gid]game id number[/gid]

That is the general pattern, but no spaces anywhere between the two sets of brackets.

Black may have seen the handwriting on the wall. He is in check and has only e6 or d7 to move to. Both allow Qxh3+, winning a piece. Even worse is:

...K-e6
    B-c4+ ...K-d7
    R(a)-d1+

and wins the Black Q when the King moves away.

Make note of the crossfire pattern your B and Q have going against the enemy K, it does come in handy!
  4. Joined
    16 Dec '01
    Moves
    17 Oct '08 00:08
    Hey, thanks for that fella...

Might have got there in the end but as a 150 lower rated player should he have not taken the chance?? I prob would have taken the bishop and tried to swap as much as possible till the end....
  5. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    17 Oct '08 00:17
    Originally posted by Ciaran
    I prob would have taken the bishop and tried to swap as much as possible till the end
    That is a safe way to do it, but your opponent would then have chances to get back into the game. Do the math: Enemy King in middle of board + lots of your pieces in the area + open lines for attack + your Q active + danger to YOUR K-side = attack, attack, attack.
    😉
  6. Joined
    16 Dec '01
    Moves
    17 Oct '08 00:24
    Thanks fella....I'll try.......fed up with getting in good positions and losing.....Cheers..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree