1. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 01:383 edits
    I don't know if it's part of a larger trend, but I seem to see 1. ... f5 after I play d4 quite often lately on the site here.

1. d4 players take note!

EDIT: It reminded me of a game I studied from when I first started playing competitively.

One of my very first chess books was Informant 42. It was like the Da Vinci Code for me. The game below was in it.

I had a friend at my college club who was better than me (everyone was...), and he played the Dutch, so my study naturally gravitated to this game, which still sticks in my mind 25+ years later:

2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 02:24
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    I don't know if it's part of a larger trend, but I seem to see 1. ... f5 after I play d4 quite often lately on the site here.

1. d4 players take note!

EDIT: It reminded me of a game I studied from when I first started playing competitively.

One of my very first chess books was Informant 42. It was like the Da Vinci Code for me. The game bel ...[text shortened]... . Rd7 Qxe6 18. Rxb7 Nxa2+ 19. Kb1 Nxc3+ 20. Nxc3 1-0[/pgn]
    Why doesn't Black play like this:

3. Joined
    08 Apr '12
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 11:081 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree