Going Dutch?

Going Dutch?

Only Chess

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
14 Feb 13
3 edits

I don't know if it's part of a larger trend, but I seem to see 1. ... f5 after I play d4 quite often lately on the site here.

1. d4 players take note!

EDIT: It reminded me of a game I studied from when I first started playing competitively.

One of my very first chess books was Informant 42. It was like the Da Vinci Code for me. The game below was in it.

I had a friend at my college club who was better than me (everyone was...), and he played the Dutch, so my study naturally gravitated to this game, which still sticks in my mind 25+ years later:

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Feb 13

Originally posted by Paul Leggett
I don't know if it's part of a larger trend, but I seem to see 1. ... f5 after I play d4 quite often lately on the site here.

1. d4 players take note!

EDIT: It reminded me of a game I studied from when I first started playing competitively.

One of my very first chess books was Informant 42. It was like the Da Vinci Code for me. The game bel ...[text shortened]... . Rd7 Qxe6 18. Rxb7 Nxa2+ 19. Kb1 Nxc3+ 20. Nxc3 1-0[/pgn]
Why doesn't Black play like this:

Moves
14 Feb 13
1 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.