Good Chess Computer for £10

Good Chess Computer for £10

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Moves
23 May 13
1 edit

That chess computer looks cool., especially the feature to be able to choose openings.

Another option: For around $15 you can get a used Nintendo Gameboy Pocket and Chessmaster cartridge that boots into play fast and offers a fairly keen challenge. Plus the "Welcome To ChessMaster" digital voice sample will always be classic...

e

Moves
23 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by KnightSlyder
For around $15 you can get a used Nintendo Gameboy Pocket and Chessmaster cartridge that boots into play fast and offers a fairly keen challenge. Plus the "Welcome To ChessMaster" digital voice sample will always be classic...
nah - does not count!

You could get a smart phone, but the trouble is they are too smart these days - you would be like a chimp on its way to eternity and back expecting to beat it - they're around 2800-2900 elo with a £20 prog.. good luck!

e

Moves
24 May 13
2 edits

Its odd though i have 3 working computers

- fritz on my laptop - never play it - destroys me

- saitek master - a few games a week but not often - deadly except in a bad opening

- Excalibur £10 one - and it gets the most games because its will fall for my traps!

e

Moves
05 Jun 13
2 edits

Well I have played the SSDF game!

Saitek Master BCF 188 vs Excalibur Einstein BCF 120
Saitek 0.05 seconds per move vs Excalibur 30 seconds per move...(A slight.. well 600 times advantage 🙂 )

Here you are - its so boring I called it a draw at move 50 - but note the Excalibur plays some 'tactics' and the Saitek with no time plays very repetitive moves. Its quite even, was expecting the Saitek (white) to win quicker.