1. Joined
    19 Apr '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 23:32
    Do any Grandmasters, past or present, frequent these boards??
    I would love to analyze one of their games if so.

Regards

Dan
  2. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 23:411 edit
    There's some strong players, but no GM's. You can go to the playchess site and watch them beat each others brains out in one minute chess though.
  3. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 00:161 edit
    Originally posted by masscat
    There's some strong players, but no GM's. You can go to the playchess site and watch them beat each others brains out in one minute chess though.
    We have a couple of IM's, I think.

And a few correspondance GM's - not too sure how they would compare to OTB GM's though...
  4. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 15:01
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    We have a couple of IM's, I think.

And a few correspondance GM's - not too sure how they would compare to OTB GM's though...
    I’m only familiar with Ronald Weyerstrass who I think is a CC IM. He has been a very strong correspondence player for a number of years and shows up on many different sites. Not sure of his otb rating. It’s very difficult to tell how strong otb vs. correspondence players are because many don’t play both. Some like former world CC champions Palciauskas (2300+) and Berliner (2400+) were clearly very good otb. For many years Robert Steinmeyer was one of the top US cc players, and at 2400+, he was good enough to compete in the US Closed Championship. The latest US corres. champion is Edwaed Duliba. The only otb rating I could find on him was 10 years old and was a little over 1800. The interesting thing is that his understanding of chess, based on his game comments, seems to indicate that he really is a very strong player with a good understanding of the game. Since most internet sites don’t use people’s real names, it’s pretty hard to tell anything about them. It’s a well known fact that most top cc players use engines to “supplement” their analysis which clouds the issue as to their real strength compared to otb play. That said, a 1500 with an engine will not beat a 2400 with an engine, so top players still have to be pretty good to occupy those spots.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree