1. Hollow earth
    Moves
    06 Aug '08 15:23
    This game left me clueless.Where did I go wrong?Note the cute knightmanoevre 9.Nh3-11.Ng1-12.Nf3-14.Nfd2-15.Nb3 LOL! It seemed White could get away with playing just about anything while Black (me) couldn't muster a single decent idea 🙁

Game 5279343
  2. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '08 04:171 edit
    Originally posted by Katastroof
    This game left me clueless.Where did I go wrong?Note the cute knightmanoevre 9.Nh3-11.Ng1-12.Nf3-14.Nfd2-15.Nb3 LOL! It seemed White could get away with playing just about anything while Black (me) couldn't muster a single decent idea 🙁

[pgn][Event "Open invite"]
    [Site "http://www.timeforchess.com"]
    [Date "2008.08.01"]
    [EndDate "2008.08.06"]
    [Roun
    42. Nc6e7 Rf8d8 43. f4 gxf4 44. gxf4 1-0[/pgn]

Game 5279343
    i wouldve killed that knight just to give him very useless doubled pawns.. thats just my thoughts

im guessing you were afraid of him placing the rook on g1?
  3. Hollow earth
    Moves
    08 Aug '08 06:07
    Originally posted by irontigran
    i wouldve killed that knight just to give him very useless doubled pawns.. thats just my thoughts

im guessing you were afraid of him placing the rook on g1?
    I assume you mean 9....,Bxh3 refraining from g5?Well,though I don't really fancy the formation with my h6 sticking out in combination with an open g-file for white that was not my main concern.My train of thought was that it would take White time to redevelop that knight,time I could use to develop my forces and launch an attack when my light squared bishop might prove to be more useful than that knight.Of course,I never got anything going,heh.
    Looking back on it I think you're right.Just kill the knight,Bc5,0-0 and Black should be fine.
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    08 Aug '08 06:301 edit
    Originally posted by Katastroof
    I assume you mean 9....,Bxh3 refraining from g5?Well,though I don't really fancy the formation with my h6 sticking out in combination with an open g-file for white that was not my main concern.My train of thought was that it would take White time to redevelop that knight,time I could use to develop my forces and launch an attack when my light squared bish ...[text shortened]... Looking back on it I think you're right.Just kill the knight,Bc5,0-0 and Black should be fine.
    The 'book' moves are 9...Bc5 or 9...Bd6. Black keeps his two Bishops, which are valuable in an open position. 9...g5, as played, looks suspect - it just weakens the Kingside.
  5. Hollow earth
    Moves
    08 Aug '08 07:20
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    The 'book' moves are 9...Bc5 or 9...Bd6. Black keeps his two Bishops, which are valuable in an open position. 9...g5, as played, looks suspect - it just weakens the Kingside.
    Got the g5 idea from Grischuk-Malaniuk,Russian team championship,Tomsk 2001.Not so sure if the weakend k-side should be an issue,I do suspect the follow-up Bg7 might be inferior to Bd6 or Bc5.But if I'm going to play Bd6/Bc5 there's no need for g5 so I can delay it and later decide to proceed with it or not.
    Hm,must experiment with this 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree