1. Joined
    08 Jun '09
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 15:34
    Game 6963349
    It might be a noobie-question but: Can someone explain me the whites move 22?
  2. Joined
    08 Oct '03
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 15:381 edit
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/En_passant

http://www.redhotpawn.com/help/index.php?help=enpassant
  3. Joined
    08 Jun '09
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 16:231 edit
    Haha! Quote: "When a pawn tries to sneak past an enemy pawn to avoid capture, there's a move of which many beginners are often unaware."

Thank you. Just to be sure: There are no more special rules except Casteling, Pawn Promotion and this "en Passant"?

Edit: And Stalemate. Another thing I had to learn here.
  4. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 16:33
    Originally posted by Obladibaddou
    Haha! Quote: "When a pawn tries to sneak past an enemy pawn to avoid capture, there's a move of which many beginners are often unaware."

Thank you. Just to be sure: There are no more special rules except Casteling, Pawn Promotion and this "en Passant"?

After Jan 1st black moves first.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 16:39

You can underpromote a pawn on the last line, to a rook, bishop or a knight at your choice.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 16:42

There's the pawn triangle rule. Once per game, if you get your pawns in a triangle shape, they can spin around and dissolve any pieces in their midst. The only bad part is that your pieces get dissolved, too.
  7. Joined
    26 Nov '09
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 16:57
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    There's the pawn triangle rule. Once per game, if you get your pawns in a triangle shape, they can spin around and dissolve any pieces in their midst. The only bad part is that your pieces get dissolved, [NO COMMA] too.
    Please use accurate grammar when giving instructions. "The only bad part is that your pieces get dissolved too." This is the correct way to write that sentence. Omit the comma and you're good.

Here's some practice sentences:

Directions:Rewrite the following sentences and note the grammatical errors that you fix. If there are no errors, write "no errors."

1. I ran with a baseball bat, and, I made it to first base.

2. Last Tuesday, I fixed the fireplace, hung some pictures, and painted the master bedroom.

3. Alex, Rod, and Susie, who are three good friends, decided to take a picnic, but they should have done their work on the farm instead.

4. To become a US Marshall you must pass rigorous training courses.

5. It's best to be remain silent, and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
  8. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 17:06
    Originally posted by PokerproK9
    It's best to be remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
    there you have it...
  9. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 17:08
    Please use accurate grammar when giving instructions. "The only bad part is that your pieces get dissolved too." This is the correct way to write that sentence. Omit the comma and you're good.

[b]Directions:
    Rewrite the following sentences and note the grammatical errors that you fix. If there are no errors, writ ...[text shortened]... 5. It's best to be remain silent, and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.[/b]
    Take it to the Grammar Forum Spanky.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 17:28

[b]Directions:
    Rewrite the following sentences and note the grammatical errors that you fix. If there are no errors, writ ...[text shortened]... 5. It's best to be remain silent, and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.[/b]
    Do not, feed the troll. 😀
  11. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 17:47
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Do not, feed the troll. 😀
    Retract that comma, please.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 18:472 edits

You know the rules like 3 fold repetition and 50 move rule, right?

Plus, if there's not enough mating material left on the board (cases where a perfect play wouldn't suffice to mate the worst play possible), the game will end in a draw (even if one of the players' time expires).
  13. Joined
    08 Jun '09
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 20:10

[b]Directions:
    I did understand him. I'm swiss. But thank you anyway.
  14. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 20:12
    I'm swiss.
    😛 Do you play gambits too?
  15. Joined
    08 Jun '09
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 20:15
    Originally posted by philidor position
    You know the rules like 3 fold repetition and 50 move rule, right?
    No, I don't. Got to read about it. Gosh, I thougt this game is complicated enough...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree