Moves
    08 Jan '09 08:46
    You are learning young grass hopper.
  2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 13:55
    I've copied all the examples from müller's endgame dvds into a chessbase database, so I can load them up to fritz and use the endgame training mode. which is basically just playing the position against fritz, until I can blitz it correctly no matter what fritz does. I tend to do it without tablebases, as they tend to make it quite predictable.

it's hard to force an engine to play the best defenses though, as it tends to head for longest lines instead of difficulties. meaning it simply drops everything and heads for the longest elementary mate. so often you need to 'help' it a little by making its move after a quick consultation of infinite analysis.
  3. washington
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 22:14
    Read an endgames manual. The tools in that books are 99% of everything you need to know. The rest is when its too complicated for a book to tell you. Know the basic endgames and endgames up to the master level and you should be fine. No need in practicing them when you know the ideas. Its like riding a bike after you know how its no challenge when getting back on.
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '04
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 02:55
    I occasionally use Convekta CD `Theory and Practice of Chess Endings' by Panchenko. It has an explanatory part and a lot of practical exercises to be solved playing against computer. Highly recommended.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 04:59
    Originally posted by gundel
    I occasionally use Convekta CD `Theory and Practice of Chess Endings' by Panchenko. It has an explanatory part and a lot of practical exercises to be solved playing against computer. Highly recommended.
    It's probaby in Polish too, not everyone here speaks Polski.😕
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '04
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 15:56
    Originally posted by EmLasker
    It's probaby in Polish too, not everyone here speaks Polski.😕
    of course it is in English, never seen any chess program in Polish 😳
  7. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 16:09
    Originally posted by gundel
    of course it is in English, never seen any chess program in Polish 😳
    how about in reverse polish?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree