1. Joined
    31 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 18:08
    I never really got a concrete number on how often to play as a club player. I was just told "play more".
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 18:21
    Originally posted by hamworld
    I never really got a concrete number on how often to play as a club player. I was just told "play more".
    There is no concrete number. You have to determine that based on how your mind and body feels. Practice makes perfect is an old saying to go by to improve. So you have to be the judge of how much practice by playing at a chess club and how much study you need to do that results in the best improvement for you, within the time you can put aside for chess.

The Instructor
  3. Joined
    31 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '13 19:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There is no concrete number. You have to determine that based on how your mind and body feels. Practice makes perfect is an old saying to go by to improve. So you have to be the judge of how much practice by playing at a chess club and how much study you need to do that results in the best improvement for you, within the time you can put aside for chess.

The Instructor
    Well that's just it, if I let myself, I could study and analyze all day and rarely play any games.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jul '13 00:121 edit
    Originally posted by hamworld
    Well that's just it, if I let myself, I could study and analyze all day and rarely play any games.
    That is probably why someone told you to play more at the chess club. You must put your study to the test by practice in real games. Then you will know what area you need to study more and if you are learning, because you will see how you are improving by the rating system.

The Instructor
  5. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '13 00:35
    I wonder if anyone has ever just solved chess problems but never played.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree