1. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 22:18
    finally, I did it...after more than a year...
    my secret ?
    very sad: I changed my database site 🙁...and I won some games only with the opening 🙁...
    I probably also blundered a bit less

ok, maybe my overall chess is a bit better, as I played a lot of games in fics blitz as 1900+ for the first time (ok, nou I am u1800 again but I feel I can be back 1900+ in no time)...
    I have the feeling I am focusing too much on openings(and this is only because of you, guys, openings maniacs)...I was recently overplayed by a 2250 in plain middlegame(2 hours game) after he blundered in the opening and I was leftout with R+p versus B...he just showed me that
    B is stronger than R 🙂...I was lucky to get a draw in the end...
  2. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 23:13
    Thread is useless without a link to the database site.
  3. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 23:18
    Do you use databases at FICS? I didn't know you could use material in a timed game. I don't use databases anyway, so I'm not out much. 🙂

Getting to 2100 and 2200 is a problem at FICS.

Once you get around 2000 or so, there aren't many players there that can give you points. I usually end up playing much lower rated players, winning 2 or 3, losing 1, and coming out behind in points after the match. You have to win every single game to move up, or be there at just the right time.

I loved my week trial at ICC. I never had so much fun beating up on NM's, IM's, and even a GM in blitz. One day, I may actually get a paid membership there. 🙂
  4. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 23:20
    Originally posted by vipiu
    finally, I did it...after more than a year...
    my secret ?
    very sad: I changed my database site 🙁...and I won some games only with the opening 🙁...
    Don't tell eldragonfly, or we'll never hear the end of this. But I suspect he'll find this thread on his own anyway. 😞
  5. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 08:17
    Originally posted by deeploser
    Thread is useless without a link to the database site.
    before was chesslab and now is chess365...and I only sometimes check chesslab
  6. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 08:18
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    Do you use databases at FICS? I didn't know you could use material in a timed game. I don't use databases anyway, so I'm not out much. 🙂

Getting to 2100 and 2200 is a problem at FICS.

Once you get around 2000 or so, there aren't many players there that can give you points. I usually end up playing much lower rated players, winning 2 or ...[text shortened]... s, IM's, and even a GM in blitz. One day, I may actually get a paid membership there. 🙂
    no databases on fics...the database part was only for the games on RHP, but the overall chess improvement part was including fics games...
  7. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 12:54
    Originally posted by vipiu
    before was chesslab and now is chess365...and I only sometimes check chesslab
    no wonder you had problems, chesslab is filled with rubbish...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree