1. Joined
    07 Aug '07
    Moves
    20 Oct '07 20:48
    the complete chess workout.1200 chess puzzzles to train your brain.by richard palliser and eveyman is the publisher i finnshed it in a week and 3 days so 10 days total. the best tactics book out there.did anyone start the complete chess work out.
  2. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 Oct '07 20:591 edit
    Originally posted by stackshusari
    the complete chess workout.1200 chess puzzzles to train your brain.by richard palliser and eveyman is the publisher i finnshed it in a week and 3 days so 10 days total. the best tactics book out there.did anyone start the complete chess work out.
    Wow, the chess authors just keep cranking out the tactics books! I haven't even heard of that one.

Does the book give a recommended rating range? Also, in the answer sections, does it only give the moves, or does it also give some explanation?

Edit - Well, I now have three tactics books (and one PC tactics program), so at some point I'll have to say enough is enough. Not sure if I'm going to get any more of them, regardless of how good they are.
  3. Joined
    30 Jul '07
    Moves
    20 Oct '07 21:361 edit
    I bought that tactics book too.its for all levels and yes he explaines the problems in a solution.what tactics books do you have and will you get this one like what we both have not you the other guy.sat hsuri i think is name is.
  4. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    20 Oct '07 22:02
    Incidentally, I was perusing the local bookstore chess section and saw this book, opened up to a random page, and there was a position from a David Tebb game! Unfortunately, he was on the losing side. 😀 The book itself looked decent though.
  5. BRADFORD, WEST YORKS
    Moves
    20 Oct '07 23:17
    Originally posted by stackshusari
    I've sent a copy of your comments to Richard, hes a great bloke and just wants people to get as much pleasure out of his books as possible. He played for my chess team in Bradford with the same name as my handle during 2000 to 2004.

renegade
  6. London
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 07:381 edit
    Originally posted by renegade hotspur
    I've sent a copy of your comments to Richard, hes a great bloke and just wants people to get as much pleasure out of his books as possible. He played for my chess team in Bradford with the same name as my handle during 2000 to 2004.

renegade
    I second that...he did some online coaching for me via the coaching section of the website www.improveyourchess.com...I was really impressed and learned bundles from his annotations of my games. Particularly impressive was his ability to pitch his comments at my level without any hint of tedium.
  7. Joined
    09 Aug '01
    Moves
    22 Oct '07 00:46
    completing it in ten days is impressive.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree