1. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    17 Jul '10 02:06
    My two little girls and I just watched Nick Swisher hit a home run to tie the Rays-Yankees game (we're Rays fans), and I promptly fall into a bishop fork between my rook and king.

I should have stopped earlier today -my posthumous biography will be entitled "A Move Too Far".

I just like playing too much to quit.
  2. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    17 Jul '10 02:11
    Congrats on your milestone! 🙂
  3. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    17 Jul '10 02:47
    Thank you, thank you- and I am not surprised that you would be the first after the "A Bridge Too Far" reference. Checks and hanging pieces are fundamental- and my opponent got the fun when I was mental.
  4. Joined
    26 Oct '09
    Moves
    17 Jul '10 14:43
    All is not lost. Never mind I'm a lousy player and a Cubs fan (hmmm... may be a correlation there...), you just raised my self esteem a couple of notches! 😏
  5. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    17 Jul '10 14:491 edit
    Originally posted by John Hunter
    All is not lost. Never mind I'm a lousy player and a Cubs fan (hmmm... may be a correlation there...), you just raised my self esteem a couple of notches! 😏
    Part of me feels as though I disrepected the game and cheated my opponent of my best play, and I am bothered by that.

The other part of me puts myself in the shoes of my opponent, and if I were in his shoes, I would immediately exclaim "YEAH BABY!" and snap off that rook like a cheap hairpiece.

The wheels of Caissa are constantly turning.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree