Icc

Icc

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n
Ronin

Hereford Boathouse

Moves
01 Feb 10

time zone matters- icc is better for the americas, playchess better for Europe. The more people online the less time you have to wait for a game.

B

Moo

Moves
01 Feb 10
1 edit

Yea I have used both and I fell from playing chess for awhile and Im getting back into it. I should of probably named this thread: ICC vs. Chessbase who wins? but whatevs. Playchess is interesting im not a fan of it simply because I dont feel like I have enough contact or possible contact with GM rated players. Unlike ICC which has alot as far as I can tell. The interfaces are different and ICC's can be annoying at times.

ps. thanks for the thread link Heinzcatsup!

h

Moves
01 Feb 10
2 edits

Originally posted by Blitz00
I don't feel like I have enough contact or possible contact with GM rated players.
How do you mean "contact"? Do you want them to say hi? Do you want them to share their opening home prep with you?

W
Angler

River City

Moves
01 Feb 10

Originally posted by heinzkat
How do you mean "contact"? Do you want them to say hi? Do you want them to share their opening home prep with you?
recced

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
02 Feb 10
1 edit

Originally posted by wormwood
if you tally up playchess subscription + commentary fees for all tournaments + all videos, what's the real price for one year?
I'll just copy this here too, although it came up in the other thread:

"so, the real commentary cost, lets say 10 tournaments a year, is 400 ducats = 40 euros. plus say a hundred videos 2x100 ducats = 20e. the sub is 30 euros.

total of 90 euros a year, and I think I'm being quite conservative here as I watch much more videos myself. that's quite a lot to pay. a year would easily cost 150-200 euros for me.

ICC is 50 euros, with unlimited access to videos and commentary. incidently that's also the price of fritz 12 in the chessbase shop."

B

Moo

Moves
02 Feb 10

When I said "contact" I meant I can actually look up the GM's and such and kibitz a game they are playing. "contact" in this sense is just seeing them play. Geees thanks wormwood. I think Ill go with ICC again just wanted to know what everyone else thought of it and playchess.

h

Moves
02 Feb 10
1 edit

I'm not completely sure if you can enter the Main Playing Hall as a guest, but there you can just sort the list based on title and click on the names that are playing at that moment.

But yes go to ICC, it can't be any worse than playchess. 😵

B

Moo

Moves
03 Feb 10

lol Thanks Heinz!