1. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 00:34
    Game 4072710

Consider it a puzzle ... both of us missed wins (or so I think). Find them 🙂
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 00:35
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    Game 4072710

Consider it a puzzle ... both of us missed wins (or so I think). Find them 🙂
    wanna look at the whole game in my thread? or just the endgame here?
    your call
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 00:37
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    wanna look at the whole game in my thread? or just the endgame here?
    your call
    haha just saw your thread. Okay umm.. doesn't matter to me. I did ask in this thread for analysis on the whole game. I'll tell you now that I see no improvements for either of us so don't ask me to analyze anything .. well, minus hangin that pawn.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 00:42
    okay here's the only improvement I see...

9. ...Nbd7? Better (way better) was Ne4.
    12. cxd5 - I prefer Qxf5.

13. Qxf5 again... maybe Nd5.

The rest of the improvements are in the endgame.. and it's a doozie, as you said.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 01:59
    haha just saw your thread. Okay umm.. doesn't matter to me. I did ask in this thread for analysis on the whole game. I'll tell you now that I see no improvements for either of us so don't ask me to analyze anything .. well, minus hangin that pawn.
    alright, here goes nothin, i'll go over it and you can check the details.

White: rubberjaw30
    Black: ih8sens

1. d4 e6

I recently started playing d4 because I like the more common positional games as opposed to the typically sharp ones common to 1. e4
    my opponent's move, 1. ... e6 is one i haven't seen, but it seems really flexible. with 2. e4 there is the French Defence. With 2. c4 Nf6 we have Nimzo-Indian. and, after 2. c4 f5 (as my opponent played) we have Dutch Defense. all by transposition.

2. c4 f5
    3. e3 Nf6

developing pieces and pawn structure. In the coversation during gameplay, i was considering crazy stuff like g4? andother stuff on the kingside, but ih8sens talked me out of it, and I tried to keep it reasonable. I consider pawn to g4 every move from now until about move 10-ish

4. Be2 Be7

my move was with the idea that the bishop could stir up more mud on the kingside being on e2 than on d3, where it's staring this f5 pawn in the mouth. ih8sens prepares to castle.

5. Nf3 b6

good idea for involving the c8 bishop. the d7 pawn is stuck there, so the bishop must look to the a8 h1 diagonal

6. b3 Bb7
    7. Bb2

Here, I like the openness of my position, with the space advantage.
    on the other hand, my opponent dominates the light-colored squares in the center, a factor which dominates how i make my moves.
    In the conversation, we both agreed that my position was slightly better here with the pawn structure and space. My opponent recognizes the need to capture some space, but makes one quick move first, which made his break disasterous (obviously, it wasn't disaster, as I failed to capitalize, and it became drawn.)

7. ... 0-0
    8. Nc3 d5
    9. Qc2 Nbd7?
    10. Ng5!
    and e6 is trapped!
    immediately, we concluded that one setback to the Dutch was the weak e6 square, and the d-pawn's unability to strike at the center.
    anyway, Nbd7 was the loser because it closed the Queen from defending e6 after Ng5. ih8sens said in the game that he ws planning on gambiting off this pawn anyway, just not in this manner. We agreed that white is winning.

10. ... Qc8
    11. Nxe6 Re8

the rest is pretty standard for a few moves. we exchange a bit, which, I thought, favored me. and so it continued like that through the rest of the game. I played sluggishly, thinking that win was in hand if I could just keep trading. As it turns out, I need a stronger player to look at the endgame, particularly from move 40 (where I lose advantage, and must play for draw) on.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 02:01
    okay here's the only improvement I see...

9. ...Nbd7? Better (way better) was Ne4.
    12. cxd5 - I prefer Qxf5.

13. Qxf5 again... maybe Nd5.

The rest of the improvements are in the endgame.. and it's a doozie, as you said.
    my last post was less of an analysis and more of a summary.
    anyway.
    Qxf5 looked shaky after you pin the knight to the queen, and push g6...
    maybe, though, i could have spotted a mating pattern after Qxf5?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 02:16
    my last post was less of an analysis and more of a summary.
    anyway.
    Qxf5 looked shaky after you pin the knight to the queen, and push g6...
    maybe, though, i could have spotted a mating pattern after Qxf5?
    it all looks about right. I still disagree about simplifying. Had you kept the queens on the board, you probably would have been able to pick off another pawn or so... exactly what you would need to convert the win. We'll have to wait for some talent to post in this thread before anything definite can be said 🙂.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 02:45
    it all looks about right. I still disagree about simplifying. Had you kept the queens on the board, you probably would have been able to pick off another pawn or so... exactly what you would need to convert the win. We'll have to wait for some talent to post in this thread before anything definite can be said 🙂.
    the theory is as follows: the more we talk, the higher the post count will get.
    eventually, someone may take interest in the length of this analysis
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 02:46
    the theory is as follows: the more we talk, the higher the post count will get.
    eventually, someone may take interest in the length of this analysis
    take 9 😉
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 02:59
    take 9 😉
    ooh, clever
    shall we hold at ten?
    or nay?
    it's your decision
    if you want to stop at ten, just post: yay
    if you want to keep going, then post: nay
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 03:00
    ooh, clever
    shall we hold at ten?
    or nay?
    it's your decision
    if you want to stop at ten, just post: yay
    if you want to keep going, then post: nay
    eh? 😛
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 03:04
    eh? 😛
    don't worry, it's already messed up.
    I don't think there's anyone on this bliddy (with an accent) site who knows anything about endgame analysis. astonishing.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 03:05
    don't worry, it's already messed up.
    I don't think there's anyone on this bliddy (with an accent) site who knows anything about endgame analysis. astonishing.
    hey man weyerboy obviously does.. RING RING! 😛
  14. Joined
    05 Aug '07
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 11:30
    As Uries mentioned in the sisterthread 39.f5 creating a passed pawn seems to be winning.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree