1. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '07 22:50
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    Moral of the story - dont be a greedy player.
    If only this happened every time people snatched a pawn early on in the game, chess would be alot more dynamic.
    Moral of the story - ih8sens is a genius 😉 ... actually, Patzergrl has my number because she is a conservative positionalist with a tactical eye.. by taking the safe way out at times she slowly strangles me as I try to sedate a constricting snake with fireworks... defense beats tactics 😛.
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '07 22:521 edit
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    Moral of the story - ih8sens is a genius 😉 ... actually, Patzergrl has my number because she is a conservative positionalist with a tactical eye.. by taking the safe way out at times she slowly strangles me as I try to sedate a constricting snake with fireworks... defense beats tactics 😛.
    What about Tals tactics does defense beat those?

oh yeah I am going to beat you! 😉
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '07 22:531 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    What about Tals tactics does defense beat those?
    even more than the average tactician... Tal was the least sound of all of them 😛.

... to save yourself from Tal you needed to be a pretty good tactician yourself and have balls of steel... that's one edge he had over the average tactician...

oh and about that 'i'm gonna beat you' baloney...

i'm slowing down because i'm working out the details of the win i just found, don't be too happy.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '07 23:021 edit
    even more than the average tactician... Tal was the least sound of all of them 😛.

... to save yourself from Tal you needed to be a pretty good tactician yourself and have balls of steel... that's one edge he had over the average tactician...

oh and about that 'i'm gonna beat you' baloney...

i'm slowing down because i'm working out the details of the win i just found, don't be too happy.
    tchaa! there isn't any win. If the win that you think is there has to do with a sac on f7 it won't work and you will lose.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '07 23:09
    tchaa! there isn't any win. If the win that you think is there has to do with a sac on f7 it won't work and you will lose.
    that's what rubberjaw30 said about our poison pawn game and b5 .. i was right there, I'm right here.

I may even move tonight, don't say anything you'll end up regretting in the next week.
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '07 23:151 edit
    that's what rubberjaw30 said about our poison pawn game and b5 .. i was right there, I'm right here.

I may even move tonight, don't say anything you'll end up regretting in the next week.
    I know because somebody has tried it on me that was stronger than you it didn't work and I should have won but because they outplayed me the rest of game(due to overconfidence) they were able to squeek out a draw. If you wanted to sac you should have done it on your previous move.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '07 23:21
    I know because somebody has tried it on me that was stronger than you it didn't work and I should have won but because they outplayed me the rest of game(due to overconfidence) they were able to squeek out a draw. If you wanted to sac you should have done it on your previous move.
    so your mouse slipped... don't feel too bad, you were gonna lose your queen one way or another.

if you want another (same line even, if you want) just send it over.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree