1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 15:30
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    He's quite young (21) and is a National Master in Canada:
    http://www.northernlife.ca/news/lifestyle/2013/06/20-chess-master-sudbury.aspx

I assume Canadian ratings are roughly equivalent to FIDE ratings? If so then 2200+ OTB rating is pretty decent.
    That maybe so, but he was banned by the mods on this site at the time...
  2. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 15:33
    I think he must have been around 16 years old when he was banned from here (I think it was for engine use). I guess we've all done foolish things when we were that age. I'm glad he's stuck with chess and seems to have become a genuinely strong player without the need of a Plastic Pal to help him out.
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 15:361 edit
    I think he must have been around 16 years old when he was banned from here (I think it was for engine use). I guess we've all done foolish things when we were that age. I'm glad he's stuck with chess and seems to have become a genuinely strong player without the need of a Plastic Pal to help him out.
    Well hey, i liked the guy quite frankly. I can't really comment on someone i have had no interaction with for years. What is his chess.com grade now? I stumbled across him while playing blitz over there years ago but he wouldn't play me..

EDIT: Actually, i just looked him up and we did play 2 games and drew 1-1. Presumably that was bullet...
  4. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 15:41
    http://www.chess.com/members/view/ih8sens

I've never played on chess.com, so I don't know how his ratings there compare with RHP or OTB ones.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 16:041 edit
    Pacifique was calling him out for some (in his opinion) ludicrous analysis on the Ponziani opening, saying that it was just engine analysis and rubbish, he got all his friends to besiege Pacifique and his posts were removed after which Pacifique vowed to blog elsewhere.
  6. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 16:06
    I can't remember all that, but I do know that Pacifique (aka Korch) talks a lot of rubbish.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 20:15
    I can't remember all that, but I do know that Pacifique (aka Korch) talks a lot of rubbish.
    he doesn't like what he describes as crappy posters and fakers.
  8. e4
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 17:53
    I liked old Korch, good genuine OTB player, English is not his natural tongue
    so sometimes things came out wrong.
    A compliment could be (and sometimes was) mistaken for a flame and all
    hell would break loose.
    I recall the arguments going on and on (one here somewhere over 80 pages)
    then spilling over into the other forums. The good old days.

I think 99% of us talk rubbish sometime or other. I know I do.
    Sometimes on purpose but other times I am just wrong or mistaken.
  9. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 21:44
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    hell would break loose.

I t ...[text shortened]... metime or other. I know I do.
    I did not know they were one and the same, but it makes sense.

I actually had a PM conversation with the Pacifique persona based on the idea that I thought English was not his first language, and that sometimes the message did not come out as intended as a result.

It's easy for us native English speakers to take language nuances for granted, and I appreciate the benefits I get here because people in other countries have language skills that exceed my own.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 23:221 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    hell would break loose.

I t ...[text shortened]... metime or other. I know I do.
    he does not suffer those who play the ponziani gladly, remember his feud with an IM on the Latvian, or was it the Kings gambit, canny remember, was hilarious though.
  11. Joined
    01 Apr '10
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 01:15
    But seriously folks...

It's about the dough. Pruess is begging some bones. Eric says no. It's a bluffing call. Pruess calls his shot.

Now he's on the street and he will stay quiet until Eric asks him to come about.

It's all about the $$$$.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 09:48
    Originally posted by u2krazie
    But seriously folks...

It's about the dough. Pruess is begging some bones. Eric says no. It's a bluffing call. Pruess calls his shot.

Now he's on the street and he will stay quiet until Eric asks him to come about.

It's all about the $$$$.
    Yeah you are correct, fat cat Eric is not spreading it about, absolutely, Pruess doesn't need Eric and I wont be spreading any more cash for fat cat Eric to horde it, 4sure.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree