Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    05 May '13 13:59 / 1 edit
    YouTube

This is the kid, Samuel Sevian, youngest NM in US history, his rating now is over 2300!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Sevian
  2. Standard member woodypusher
    misanthrope
    05 May '13 18:40
    Shahade blundered on move 5 and the kid took over. Nice crush.
  3. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    05 May '13 19:53 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    Shahade blundered on move 5 and the kid took over. Nice crush.
    Yeah, saw that, but it was hard to follow the game it went by so fast, still, it wasn't as if he fell to a 1500 player, the kid was already rated 2200+ when he was playing him.
  4. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    05 May '13 21:44 / 1 edit
    I seem to get beat all the time by these young kids. It makes an old man like me almost want to give up chess. But I still love the challenge, but with these young kids around they keep bringing my OTB rating down as theirs go up.
  5. Subscriber sundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    06 May '13 02:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I seem to get beat all the time by these young kids. It makes an old man like me almost want to give up chess. But I still love the challenge, but with these young kids around they keep bringing my OTB rating down as theirs go up.
    I know how you feel. I was squashed by Fabiano Carauna in about 20 moves when he was about 8 years old!
  6. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    06 May '13 04:59 / 2 edits
    Here is the link to the video of the game of 3 minute blitz that the kid won.
    It is hard to follow exactly what they played because to the knocking down of pieces and quick movements. But it don't take long to watch and it is kind of funny.

YouTube
  7. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    06 May '13 08:11 / 2 edits
    On this game that the 10 year old kid won, I decided to go back through and stop the video and record the moves. I had a little dificulty when the video went off the board and on the Kid. However, that was only for a couple of moves and I am pretty sure I filled in those moves correctly. When the game was finished I stopped the video to read the times left on the clocks and the kid still had 1 min 32 seconds and the IM had only 12 seconds remaining. I believe the mistake came on the 8th move even though the IM told someone he made a mistake on the 5th move.

[Event "3 min Blitz"]
    [Date "2010.12.29"]
    [White "IM Greg Shahade"]
    [Black "Samuel Sevian"]
    [Result "0-1"]