1. Joined
    30 Apr '07
    Moves
    04 May '07 02:02
    I am new to chess & I am seeking a player with similar abilities.
    Theres no point me challenging people who will walk all over me! Thats no good for either of us.
  2. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    04 May '07 02:50
    on the contrary, playing against a stronger opponent will actually allow you to learn something and improve. Beating an opponent that has no clue what he is doing will aid nothing but your ego.
  3. Joined
    30 Apr '07
    Moves
    04 May '07 02:54
    Hmm, food for thought. But isnt it pointless if I play someone who is so much better than me the gane will only last 3 or 4 moves them Im doomed?
  4. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    04 May '07 02:54
    Or perhaps playing against a slightly better player & then getting a strong player to analyse the game(s)?
  5. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    04 May '07 02:56
    Originally posted by Jamie Wright
    Hmm, food for thought. But isnt it pointless if I play someone who is so much better than me the gane will only last 3 or 4 moves them Im doomed?
    If you're losing in four moves then the only fitting opponent is a five year old (only joking, but I think you need some basic lessons first.)

http://chesskids.com/kidzone/index.shtml

ignore the name of the site and the stupid drawings, but it's not bad for basic lessons on short notice

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree