Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 20 Jan '08 00:13
    Game 4403314

There seems to be an obvious critical position here:

Black is up a knight for a pawn in this position, and Fritz 9 thinks black is clearly winning after Nc7 (33.Ra5 and here's the move that I missed in my analysis - Bc6! which prevents white from pushing the pawn and creating threats of queening.) Had I seen this I probably wouldn't have made the sacrifice in the first place, but I missed it and I think Sardodos did too because he played Nc6? which allowed Rxb7! and a clear advantage to white.
  2. 20 Jan '08 00:20
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Game 4403314

There seems to be an obvious critical position here:

[fen]1r6/1b2nk2/n3pppq/1RPp3p/1P1P4/Q4NP1/1B3P1P/6K1 b - - 0 32[/fen]

Black is up a knight for a pawn in this position, and Fritz 9 thinks black is clearly winning after Nc7 (33.Ra5 and here's the move that I missed in my analysis - Bc6! which prevents white from pushing the ...[text shortened]... nk Sardodos did too because he played Nc6? which allowed Rxb7! and a clear advantage to white.
    It is interesting. Maybe you could annotate it and put it in the "help me annotate my games" thread.
  3. 20 Jan '08 00:39
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    It is interesting. Maybe you could annotate it and put it in the "help me annotate my games" thread.
    Maybe, I have another game that I think may finish soon that I like a lot more though.