1. BRADFORD, WEST YORKS
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 02:04
    I think I have a "Sandbagger", is this a practice thats against RHP rules?

And if so, should it be?

If not, shouldn't it be?
  2. Joined
    03 Nov '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 03:11
    How could you enforce it?
  3. Standard memberPariah325
    Knife Wielder
    In the shadows...
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 03:20
    The time limits are there, and that's the way they enforce it, and that's the only way they will. Who's to define sandbagging here? And yes, it drives me crazy too when people play really slowly, especially when they are moving in games that aren't yours, or when you have a win coming your way, or my favorite, which is when they move in one of the games you have with them (the one they are winning) and they don't move in the other (the one you are winning). Click the skull if it shows, but try to beat them until it does. Lots of people on here will sandbag losses to see how high they can get their rating before it plummets. I have the opposite issue. If I'm getting worked, I play it faster to just get it done and over with...
  4. Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 03:41
    Some positions are more complex than others; I find that trying to save my "lost" positions is the most difficult of practices, and the most time consuming! In all seriousness, chess is a timed game: sometimes you play quickly to rattle your opponent; sometimes you play slowly to lull him to sleep, and sometimes you wait.
  5. Joined
    03 Nov '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 04:31
    That's not sandbagging. Sandbagging is when you lose alot on purpose to lower your rating.
  6. Seattle
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 04:46
    Originally posted by Jasen777
    That's not sandbagging. Sandbagging is when you lose alot on purpose to lower your rating.
    and this player in question would do this to lower his rating to enter lower tournaments so he can actually get a tourny win I assume?
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 05:05
    they collect them like trophies
  8. Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 05:11
    Originally posted by Jasen777
    I rescind my statement. That sandbagging, on the other hand, is completely ridiculous and ban-worthy. Of course, I have thousands more undiscovered blunders within me, as I'm sure (am hopeful) others do too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree