1. Joined
    25 Jan '09
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 16:49
    Is there a link to download Thompson's endgame database so I can use them with Chess Genius 7? Thanks for any help.
  2. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 21:13
    Originally posted by Dana Turnmire
    Is there a link to download Thompson's endgame database so I can use them with Chess Genius 7? Thanks for any help.
    I haven't found any download links for Thompson tablebases, although I noticed that Chess House is offering a CD set as a discontinued item for around $40.

But from my reading, it seems that Thompson tablebases are significantly inferior to the more popular Nalimov tablebases... Which is probably the reason why you can find Nalimov tablebases but not Thompson tablebases. Too bad that CG7 can't use the Nalimov files.
  3. Joined
    25 Jan '09
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 01:46
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    I haven't found any download links for Thompson tablebases, although I noticed that Chess House is offering a CD set as a discontinued item for around $40.

But from my reading, it seems that Thompson tablebases are significantly inferior to the more popular Nalimov tablebases... Which is probably the reason why you can find Nalimov tablebases but not Thompson tablebases. Too bad that CG7 can't use the Nalimov files.
    Thanks! I've been looking for them forever and just about gave up. They are on sale for $5.00 plus shipping and handling whereas they retail for $79.00.

I know Chess Genius is considered outdated by many but I believe it is still one of the best programs one can use. I love the interface and the way it plays. Thanks once again.
  4. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 12:08
    Originally posted by Dana Turnmire
    Thanks! I've been looking for them forever and just about gave up. They are on sale for $5.00 plus shipping and handling whereas they retail for $79.00.

I know Chess Genius is considered outdated by many but I believe it is still one of the best programs one can use. I love the interface and the way it plays. Thanks once again.
    Holy Moley, you're right! I saw the $39 price, but missed the $5 sale price. Even better! Hope they're what you're looking for. Good luck with them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree