Is there anything you can do?

Is there anything you can do?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
06 Oct 07

I'm playing in a game right now in a dead drawn position; the game will end in a draw, barring some deliberate blunder. It seems to me that my opponent is playing on simply hoping for a timeout (it's a 1/0 game). Is there anything I can do, or am I stuck playing on for the next 200 moves or so (still plenty of pawn moves that could hypothetically be made)? I'm guessing the answer is play it out... that's gonna suck 😛

DD
Stealer of Souls

Waiting for You

Moves
06 Oct 07

Originally posted by ih8sens
I'm playing in a game right now in a dead drawn position; the game will end in a draw, barring some deliberate blunder. It seems to me that my opponent is playing on simply hoping for a timeout (it's a 1/0 game). Is there anything I can do, or am I stuck playing on for the next 200 moves or so (still plenty of pawn moves that could hypothetically be made)? I'm guessing the answer is play it out... that's gonna suck 😛
FAQ

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
06 Oct 07

I'll take that as a... enjoy the next year.

MR

Moves
06 Oct 07

Originally posted by ih8sens
I'll take that as a... enjoy the next year.
You could take the easy way out and resign. Just look at it as a lesson learned.