Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    05 Apr '10 12:37
    My current rating at 1666 puts me 200 odd points higher, my question is, when playing a prov, is there a difference in the points won or lost V a regular rating? What is the difference, if I win over this Prov or lose over this prov V a 1461 V 1666 but regular rating.
  2. 05 Apr '10 12:44 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    My current rating at 1666 puts me 200 odd points higher, my question is, when playing a prov, is there a difference in the points won or lost V a regular rating? What is the difference, if I win over this Prov or lose over this prov V a 1461 V 1666 but regular rating.
    FAQ

"If you have a non-provisional rating and you play a provisional-rated player, then you receive (or lose) only half the number of rating points you would normally. If the provisionally-rated player has played fewer than five games, then their rating is treated as 1200 when calculating your rating."
  3. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    05 Apr '10 12:54
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    FAQ

"If you have a non-provisional rating and you play a provisional-rated player, then you receive (or lose) only half the number of rating points you would normally. If the provisionally-rated player has played fewer than five games, then their rating is treated as 1200 when calculating your rating."
    Ok, thanks.