Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 15 Apr '09 15:39
  2. 15 Apr '09 15:39
  3. 15 Apr '09 15:47 / 1 edit


  4. 15 Apr '09 15:48 / 1 edit
    Not sure what was wrong with the PGN as I could not get it to work either...!
  5. 15 Apr '09 16:07 / 1 edit
    First (pgn) label in wrong place - also game had 'returns' in it.

    Copy game (just the moves) - paste in notepad with no word wrap - recopy game
    and paste in thread - that usually gets rid of 'spaces'.
  6. 15 Apr '09 16:08
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Not sure what was wrong with the PGN as I could not get it to work either...!
    It worked for me.

    I copied from the source view, had to replace the quote codes with actual quotes. The rest of it was fine as is.
  7. 15 Apr '09 16:16
    I put the pgn thingy bobs where somebody on another post put them. The pgn I copied to clipboard and pasted as it was.
  8. 15 Apr '09 16:33
    Do a reply and quote and look how I laid the game.
    I always put the (pgn) on top. Remove all the 1-0 and # markers.
    and put the last (pgn) right next to last move.

    There is a preview before you post button - practice with that.

    (just had a thought - do non-subs get a preview button?)
  9. 15 Apr '09 16:44
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    (just had a thought - do non-subs get a preview button?)
    Yep.
  10. 15 Apr '09 16:49
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Do a reply and quote and look how I laid the game.
    I always put the (pgn) on top. Remove all the 1-0 and # markers.
    and put the last (pgn) right next to last move.

    There is a preview before you post button - practice with that.

    (just had a thought - do non-subs get a preview button?)
    I previewed it a few times, played around with the PGN things and couldn't get it to work. So I looked at another post and tried that. I'll look for an interesting game (if I have one!) and try again.
  11. 15 Apr '09 16:51 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    (just had a thought - do non-subs get a preview button?)

    Nope. We get a check box thingy bob.
  12. 15 Apr '09 16:54
    Why doesn't it put what I say outside the quote box?!
  13. 15 Apr '09 16:54
    Originally posted by MilkyJoe
    Why doesn't it put what I say outside the quote box?!
    Because you are a non-sub.
  14. 15 Apr '09 16:57
    Originally posted by heinzkat

    Must be something wrong - it's happening to me now.
  15. 15 Apr '09 17:00
    I think it happens when you delete some of the original text. Could be a bug?