Moves
    18 May '13 21:54
    the event in Norway.
  2. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    18 May '13 22:29
    Magnus had his chance but could only muster one draw in his final two games.
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '13
    Moves
    20 May '13 16:49
    Well done to Nakamura to draw level just behind Karjakin
  4. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    20 May '13 19:38
    But another so-so result for Anand,doesn't bode well for him come November. He needs to get that fire in his belly back,else Magnus will crush him.
  5. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    21 May '13 00:181 edit
    Originally posted by sundown316
    But another so-so result for Anand,doesn't bode well for him come November. He needs to get that fire in his belly back,else Magnus will crush him.
    I have to disagree with this i'm afraid. Anand played very well in Norway, i think he looked a lot sharper than he has done over the last couple of years. I think he'll go away feeling that he's made some progress. Yes he lost two games, but his approach was a lot more enterprising than his recent drawish uninspiring play. At the end of the day, the World championship wasn't at stake, he needs to get back to his old fighting self. A couple of losses is neither here nor there, he got three wins and could have had more. There is plenty of room for optimism imo..
  6. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    21 May '13 00:33
    Hammer tried his best,but he was completely out-classed. They couldn't get a stronger Norwegian player,like Agdestein?
  7. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    21 May '13 01:52
    Hammer tried his best,but he was completely out-classed. They couldn't get a stronger Norwegian player,like Agdestein?
    Is he stronger? Not sure about that. Hammer took a pasting, there's no doubt about that but was it really a surprise? The whole field out graded him by at least 100 elo points. He's a decent player, i find him easier to understand than the elite guys. The way they play is just beyond my understanding. Carlsen especially, most of his moves look really slow, almost passive. Then 40 moves later he's got a winning ending and it's all over, i just don't have the brain to really appreciate what he's doing. I love watching his endings though, the guy is just exquisite at playing with small advantages!
  8. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    21 May '13 20:01
    The only reason Hammer was in there because it's a FIDE rule that at least one player from the host country must be entered in the event.
  9. Standard memberbyedidia
    Mister Why
    San Carlos, CA
    Moves
    22 May '13 07:06
    The only reason Hammer was in there because it's a FIDE rule that at least one player from the host country must be entered in the event.
    Um... I think Carlsen is Norwegian...
  10. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    22 May '13 08:461 edit
    Very good Karjakin game vs Anand

I would of takens Karjakins side almost throughout the game even though he lost - very good chess.

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree