Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 14 May '06 14:50
    I'm considering splashing out on the annotated master book, My best games by Anatoly KARPOV. I'm informed it's very beneficial for improving tactical vision.
    Before i splash out, can anybody tell me the style of notation used to describe the moves as i'm not too familiar with the older style.
    Also if anybody has a copy, what are your thoughts on the book:easy to digest? a little too deep? etc.
  2. 20 May '06 15:04
    Just splash out, at worst you'll be disappointed!!!
  3. 20 May '06 20:00
    Originally posted by Walton Warlord
    Just splash out, at worst you'll be disappointed!!!
    Then you can sell it on ebay
  4. Standard member Kyo
    21 May '06 03:42
    Originally posted by power mover
    I'm considering splashing out on the annotated master book, My best games by Anatoly KARPOV. I'm informed it's very beneficial for improving tactical vision.
    Before i splash out, can anybody tell me the style of notation used to describe the moves as i'm not too familiar with the older style.
    Also if anybody has a copy, what are your thoughts on the book:easy to digest? a little too deep? etc.
    I think it is in descriptive notation, aka the old style of chess notation. This shouldn't deter you from buying the book though. I have a similar book "How Karpov Wins", also in the older style of chess notation and it's one of the best chess books I have. Plus it may also help you get to grips with descriptive chess notation.