1. on your backrank!
    Moves
    23 Feb '12 16:031 edit
    I messed up the pgn of this game in another thread.
    Here's the game with clean pgn. Thanks to VelvetEars

2. on your backrank!
    Moves
    25 Feb '12 15:09
    no one having thoughts on the game???
  3. timed out again
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 13:05
    Originally posted by watchyourbackrank
    no one having thoughts on the game???
    I'm having a quick look at the game before I out out but just thought I would comment as no else has.

1. White (you) carried out a big attack on the Q-side but you neglected your K-side. I'm not up to speed on the latest n greatest KID theory but does white allow black to play f4 and g4 - doesn't white play f3 at some point and organise some defence on the K-side?
    2. Somehow black did not play the standard plan that Kasparov or other KID players go for but still managed to end up a piece up.
  4. on your backrank!
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 16:36
    Originally posted by enrico20
    I'm having a quick look at the game before I out out but just thought I would comment as no else has.

1. White (you) carried out a big attack on the Q-side but you neglected your K-side. I'm not up to speed on the latest n greatest KID theory but does white allow black to play f4 and g4 - doesn't white play f3 at some point and organise some defence on t ...[text shortened]... andard plan that Kasparov or other KID players go for but still managed to end up a piece up.
    thanks

1) true you are! this is also my primary lesson from the game. secure the k-side with a timely f3
    2) i don't think black played the right plan. he only prevailed because i ignored my kingside combined with a tactical error or two on the queenside.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree