1. Joined
    16 Jun '12
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 20:19
    Checking under "My Games" there is a game where the opponent has not made a move since 30 November, and the bars say that his time has run out. However, under "status" it is not indicated as a "lost" game, but still says "opponents move."
    Also under "Actions" there is a symbol of a trash bin and when I hover over it, it says "delete game." Should I click on that? I just don't want to be clicking on any buttons that I shouldn't. I'd appreciat any help in this situation. Happy 12/12/12.
  2. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    12 Dec '12 21:19
    Originally posted by Gettare
    Checking under "My Games" there is a game where the opponent has not made a move since 30 November, and the bars say that his time has run out. However, under "status" it is not indicated as a "lost" game, but still says "opponents move."
    Also under "Actions" there is a symbol of a trash bin and when I hover over it, it says "delete game." Should I click ...[text shortened]... ons that I shouldn't. I'd appreciat any help in this situation. Happy 12/12/12.
    I guess it is this Game 9690107

In the FAQ section it is stated:

What happens if my opponents stop playing?
    FAQ

Occasionally this does happen. If it is within three moves (remember moves are counted in pairs) you can simply delete the game. You will not be able to claim the win as the game is too immature.

If the game is over 3 moves and the move timeout period has expired, you may claim the win and the points. To claim a win find the game on the 'My Games' page. If your opponent has not moved in the agreed period, a skull icon will appear next to the game. Clicking the timeout link will award you the win and the points. Please be considerate with timeouts – send a reminder if possible. If a user is on vacation you will not be able to claim a timeout until their vacation ends.

I highlighted the relevant part in bold. So, with other words, you cannot claim a win, but can delete the game.
  3. Joined
    16 Jun '12
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 02:07
    Originally posted by gambit05
    I guess it is this Game 9690107

In the FAQ section it is stated:

What happens if my opponents stop playing?
    FAQ

Occasionally this does happen. If it is [b]within three moves (remember moves are counted in pairs) you can simply delete the game
    . You will not be able to claim the win as the game is too immature.

If the ...[text shortened]... relevant part in bold. So, with other words, you cannot claim a win, but can delete the game.[/b]
    Thanks for educating me Mr Mad Murdoch. I appreciate your help.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 02:26
    Also under "Actions" there is a symbol of a trash bin and when I hover over it, it says "delete game." Should I click ...[text shortened]... ons that I shouldn't. I'd appreciat any help in this situation. Happy 12/12/12.
    As was pointed out, your question is covered under "Help" and FAQ. Another thing I would like to make all new players aware of is the "Analyze Board" feature located in the section below the "Submit Move" button. If you click on the "Analyze Board" it will bring up a duplicate board of the game that you are playing so that you can use to move your chessmen around to analyze the possible positions that you might be considering from both your point of view as well as your opponents. Then once you have decided on your best move then you can exit the "Analyze Board" and make your move on the main board and submit it. This has been a big help to me in eliminating simple error that I did not see until I moved and considered my opponents move. Once you click the "Submit Move" button you can not take the move back and are stuck with it. So make sure you really want to make that move by using the "Analyze Board" feature first is my recommendation. Good luck with your games on RHP and may you learn to play good chess.
  5. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 10:05
    Thanks for educating me Mr Mad Murdoch. I appreciate your help.
    No problem. Enjoy your games.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree