1. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    01 Jun '06 00:261 edit
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Are there any books/websites that are easy to locate/cheap and will help me quickly improve with the King's Gambit?

BTW: I'm now beating 1500's pretty often, something I had found nearly impossible before using this opening. I can't stress enough how happy I am with this opening and how exciting the games are when using it.
    To be honest iv found understanding the principles behind the KG much more importaint than learning line theory. Maybe the reason for this in my case is I exclusively play Bc4, not a lot of people are clued up on the theory so I see quite a lot of positions that I havent studied in books so find that understanding the white plan is much more importaint than having concrete lines.

I can send you a KG learn database for Nf3 (it just disregards Bc4 lines as being bad after Qh4+....*shakes head*) Just pm me on here if you want it.
  2. Joined
    07 Nov '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '06 10:36
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Everything seems strong until the 12...Nxc2+, which leaves you down a rook for a knight? Is there enough compensation for this because of your active pieces and nice space advantage?
    Black was never actually able to take the rook in the mentioned game, e.g. 13...Nxa1 loses to 14.Rd1.
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    01 Jun '06 22:22
    Originally posted by Northern Lad
    I have always played 3.Nf3 more often than 3.Bc4 since I've always thought it to be more challenging, but on this site I've played quite a few games with 3.Bc4. (About once a decade, when feeling suitably manic, I essay 3.Nc3!?)
    I don't play the Muzio as white (or even black any more for that matter), since I think that it is at best a draw for white n ...[text shortened]... gy, but I've come to the conclusion that black should have few problems at least equalising.
    More challenging for black you mean? Against 3...g5 and against 3...d6 are there any lines that you recommend for white? These two most definately give me the most trouble and I'm quite unsure of how to meet them.
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    01 Jun '06 23:241 edit
    Has anybody ever tried this Fischer Defense variation?

Game 2132179

This is a SET PIECE UNRATED GAME so feel free to comment, etc. My 8th move may not be the best, but I don't mind my position right now, despite being down material.

EDIT: I was referring to moves 1-8.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree