Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    09 Jul '10 12:27 / 1 edit
    Here we have a titanic struggle -

    England vs Scotland, Atheist vs Christian, Reason vs Faith, Logic vs Superstition, Evolution vs Creation etc etc. i think you get the picture.

    In the end logic and reason triumphed over faith and superstition.



    Carrobie is white, Knob is Black.
  2. 09 Jul '10 12:53
    I'm just a gaul barbarian but I think that's a nice game.
    One question.Suppose for a second that Scottish superstition would've had some christian faith in 21.Nf6+ to evolve his attack.
    Then what logic would reason have used to save his atheist english creation?

    toet.
  3. 09 Jul '10 13:04
    21. Nf6+ looks devastating for black.
  4. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    09 Jul '10 13:19
    Originally posted by RabbitCold
    21. Nf6+ looks devastating for black.
    It's a good job he didn't see it.
  5. 09 Jul '10 15:40
    If you're Cornish how comes you have an English flag?

    The shame!
  6. 09 Jul '10 16:07
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Here we have a titanic struggle -

    England vs Scotland, Atheist vs Christian, Reason vs Faith, Logic vs Superstition, Evolution vs Creation etc etc. i think you get the picture.

    In the end logic and reason triumphed over faith and superstition.
    That's an amazing amount of baggage brought to a single game. Was Robbie aware of what was at stake? 😞
  7. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    09 Jul '10 16:19
    Originally posted by Willzzz
    If you're Cornish how comes you have an English flag?

    The shame!
    No option for the flag of St Pirran.

    I'll ask.
  8. 09 Jul '10 16:23
    Seconded.
  9. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    09 Jul '10 16:24 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    That's an amazing amount of baggage brought to a single game. Was Robbie aware of what was at stake? 😞
    More than aware, for example -

    i have petitioned my God and he shall deliver you into my hand!

    but God cannot lie, and the only chance that you stand, is, if i displease him in some way , so that he withdraws his support.
  10. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    09 Jul '10 16:25
    Originally posted by Willzzz
    Seconded.
    A fellow Cornishman/women?
  11. 09 Jul '10 16:38
    Oh indeed 🙂

    Will
  12. Subscriber Paul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    09 Jul '10 17:19
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    No option for the flag of St Pirran.

    I'll ask.
    I have no idea what this is about, but I am very curious, so off to wikipedia I go!
  13. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    09 Jul '10 17:41
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    No option for the flag of St Pirran.

    I'll ask.
    I asked, Russ said no.

    Countries only.
  14. Standard member orion25
    Art is hard
    09 Jul '10 17:42
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    More than aware, for example -

    i have petitioned my God and he shall deliver you into my hand!

    but God cannot lie, and the only chance that you stand, is, if i displease him in some way , so that he withdraws his support.
    conclusion: Robbie was a bad boy. No presents for you this Christmas! 😛
  15. 09 Jul '10 20:11
    That's an impressive game! I was 0-67 with the pirc defense before I gave it up.