Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 18 Oct '06 02:32
    Kramnik 2.5 - 1.5 over Topalov

Can someone enlighten me as to what this means? Thanks.
  2. 18 Oct '06 02:44
    Originally posted by basso
    Kramnik 2.5 - 1.5 over Topalov

Can someone enlighten me as to what this means? Thanks.
    Blitz tie break results.

2.5+1.5 = 4

Thus, 4 games played total.

1 point for win, 0.5 points for a draw, 0 for a lose.

Thus Kramnik won 2 games and 1 draw and Topolav 1 win and 1 draw.
  3. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    18 Oct '06 02:47
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Blitz tie break results.

2.5+1.5 = 4

Thus, 4 games played total.

1 point for win, 0.5 points for a draw, 0 for a lose.

Thus Kramnik won 2 games and 1 draw and Topolav 1 win and 1 draw.
    Actually you can't tell the results from a total score. It could have been 3 draws and Kramnik winning one game. It wasn't but you can't tell that from the score.
  4. 18 Oct '06 03:11
    Thanks, guys, for the clarification.
  5. Standard member flexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    18 Oct '06 03:33
    Blitz tie break results......
    Actually you can't tell the competition from the results. It could have been the number of toilet trips per move (with 1 for a poop and 0.5 for a wee). It wasn't but you can't tell that from the results.
  6. 18 Oct '06 04:04
    Originally posted by flexmore
    Actually you can't tell the competition from the results. It could have been the number of toilet trips per move (with 1 for a poop and 0.5 for a wee). It wasn't but you can't tell that from the results.
    It comes to my mind the question, how many times was kramnik able to go to the bathroom in this fast games, because I think he has the guiness record for a long game.
  7. 18 Oct '06 15:16
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Actually you can't tell the results from a total score. It could have been 3 draws and Kramnik winning one game. It wasn't but you can't tell that from the score.
    That is correct but I was just giving him the actual results since I knew them.
  8. 18 Oct '06 15:24 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by Superman
    It comes to my mind the question, how many times was able to go to the bathroom in this fast games, because I think he has the guiness record for a long game.
    Can you remember any more about the long game by Kramnik that you mention? The longest game I know of is I. Nikolic -G. Arsovic, Belgrade 1989. This ended in a draw after 269 moves .
  9. 18 Oct '06 15:29 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Essex 3
    Can you remember any more about the long game by Kramnik that you mention? The longest game I know of is I. Nikolic - Arsovic, Belgrade 1989. This ended in a draw after 269 moves .
    153 move win or maybe it was more. It was posted last year and I don't recall the precise number but it is a New record I think for Canada or something. Game between 2 of our masters, Fide rated.

All rise,

O Canada .......
  10. 18 Oct '06 15:32
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1376558

Longest one.
  11. 18 Oct '06 15:55
    Originally posted by Essex 3
    Can you remember any more about the long game by Kramnik that you mention? The longest game I know of is I. Nikolic -G. Arsovic, Belgrade 1989. This ended in a draw after 269 moves .
    I was joking about the toilet incident, and meant he might have the record for going to the toilet in a normal game, I called it long comparing it to blitz.
  12. 18 Oct '06 15:59
    Aren't you glad Kram won? I was cheering for Top. at the beginning before it started and then after all this fuss I could care less.

But I glad Kram. won because there are no excuses now. If he had lost then it would go back to game 5 and the resignation and I can see lawsuits.

He should give a rematch though althought I agree that the conduct was pretty stupid. It should just be two of them with no helpers. No politics.
  13. 18 Oct '06 16:26 / 1 edit
    Aren't you glad Kram won? I was cheering for Top. at the beginning before it started and then after all this fuss I could care less.

But I glad Kram. won because there are no excuses now. If he had lost then it would go back to game 5 and the resignation and I can see lawsuits.

He should give a rematch though althought I agree that the conduct was pretty stupid. It should just be two of them with no helpers. No politics.
    I must say that I wasn't a fan of either of them, but I am really satisfied with kram wining because as you say no excuses, he won even with game five down, and I am sure most people agree with this idea.

I also think he should give a rematch, the main reason is that I think Topalov can win, because he overlooked so much moves and blundered a lot too, maybe he was under presure.
  14. 18 Oct '06 18:07
    Originally posted by Superman
    I must say that I wasn't a fan of either of them, but I am really satisfied with kram wining because as you say no excuses, he won even with game five down, and I am sure most people agree with this idea.

I also think he should give a rematch, the main reason is that I think Topalov can win, because he overlooked so much moves and blundered a lot too, maybe he was under presure.
    The reason I don't like Kramnik is that he doesn't seem to have class. He seems like the type of person to beat you and then hold it over you head for the rest of your life without giving you a rematch.

Kasp vs Kram, Did Kasp get a rematch?

Kram vs Top, Will Top get a rematch?

Before it was like tradition to offer a rematch till Kram came along.

Just an opinion and that's why I don't like him. Although this stuff Top. people pulled was pretty dumb but going to the washroom that many times is odd behaviour.
  15. Standard member Wiabj
    The Black Swan
    21 Oct '06 19:37
    Silly comment, know your classics from these top world player!