1. Joined
    28 Oct '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '10 18:43
    On sites such as this one, which is better to enter (assuming the ratings for the players are the same): a large tourney or a small one?

thanks - grit
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    17 Feb '10 19:25
    Originally posted by grit
    On sites such as this one, which is better to enter (assuming the ratings for the players are the same): a large tourney or a small one?

thanks - grit
    That depends, do you like large or small tournaments? lol...

Non-subscribers such as yourself cant play tournaments tho, you have to subscribe for that.
  3. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    17 Feb '10 21:50
    I like the large tourneys (3/7 with at least 12-15 players per section). That's because I use them to try out new openings/defenses and that gives me a large number of games to play with the opening and to study afterwards to see how it worked.
  4. Behind the computer.
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 05:52
    Depends on your goals. Obviously, if you're trying to win, less player = less competition. However, if you want to try something new out, more games is compensation for mistakes because most people don't win all of their games in a large group. Mostly, however, it's just personal preference.
  5. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 09:47
    I prefer tourneys with only one round, so I don't risk having to play many second rounds at the same time, ending up with too many games going and thus loosing interest.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 14:13
    Originally posted by orion25
    I prefer tourneys with only one round, so I don't risk having to play many second rounds at the same time, ending up with too many games going and thus loosing interest.
    This is an important consideration. I do the opposite - I play in tournaments only with multiple rounds (but small pairings sets) so that I keep the number of games I add at any one time relatively small, but can still play in large tournaments and get games with a lot of different players.

This is definitely a matter of taste

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree