1. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 11:02
    never trade both knights at the start of the game - bad very bad for the rest of the game.
  2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 11:15
    Originally posted by trevor33
    never trade both knights at the start of the game - bad very bad for the rest of the game.
    never trade anything, unless it leaves you better or your opponent worse. a tempo wasted is worth about 0.3 pawns. keeping/grabbing initiative can be priceless.
  3. Big D
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 15:06
    Exchanging pieces aimlessly is a bad thing indeed, especially if it results in speeding your opponent’s development, relieves the pressure on his position or cedes an important positional consideration. Before you exchange, you should always ask: Will I be better or worse following the exchange of pieces? For example, I will readily trade both my Knights for the bishop pair if I think it will improve my chances of winning, even if there is no immediate gain of material (he who has the bishop pair has the future). However, I'm just as likely to cede the Bishop pair if it results in a won game for me. The point: exchanging pieces must have a purpose.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 16:19
    I don't know. If you don't understand a position, but a few exchanges leave you with a not too inferior position which you understand you may be better off making the exchanges.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 17:09
    Is the game in progress?
    No? Want to share it with us?
    Else? Wait until it's over.
  6. back in business
    Moves
    28 Apr '06 18:25
    thats like saying never trade rooks in the endgame!

it all depends...
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '06 05:19
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Is the game in progress?
    No? Want to share it with us?
    Else? Wait until it's over.
    its still in the middle of the game, so i'll post it when its over. i think i gained the better position but i'm finding it hard to break down his defence with no knights.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '06 14:37
    ok here is the game Game 1942511 what are your thoughts?

was it right to take he second knight with the queen? it worked out ok in the end but maybe the bishop would have been better?
  9. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    16 May '06 16:15
    ok here is the game Game 1942511 what are your thoughts?

was it right to take he second knight with the queen? it worked out ok in the end but maybe the bishop would have been better?
    I'm speechless.
  10. Karlstad
    Moves
    17 May '06 10:26
    Why Ba8?
  11. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    17 May '06 10:37
    Trade anything you like, just do it for a reason. Quite common for patzers to try and trade everything against good players in hope for a drawn game.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '06 12:25
    Originally posted by infernalgnu
    Why Ba8?
    i don't know - it was either that or ra7, glad he moved his bishop though 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree