1. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 01:26
    I have yet to pull it off on someone, but learning traps that has certainly has helped me to look for those types of patterns. I would never have thought of this line of attack, and perhaps some of my moves weren't the best. Feel free to call me out if I should have made different ones. πŸ™‚

2. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 04:12
    Nice and interesting
  3. Wat?
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 04:59
    I think black's move 4 is irrational (f7-f6), and that's maybe why you haven't played it out yet.

m. πŸ˜‰
  4. bedlam
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 09:06
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    I have yet to pull it off on someone, but learning traps that has certainly has helped me to look for those types of patterns. I would never have thought of this line of attack, and perhaps some of my moves weren't the best. Feel free to call me out if I should have made different ones. πŸ™‚

[pgn]
    [Event "RHP Blitz rated"]
    [Site "www.redhotpawn. ...[text shortened]... f6xe5 7. Nf3-g5 Ne7-g6 8. Bc4-f7 Ke8-d7 9. Qd1-g4 Kd7-e7 10. Nc3-d5 1-0
    [/pgn]
    Sweet!You did pull it off.It's a genuine Légal and I think you played it well.

Légal's mate is more than just an opening trap.The pattern comes in many shapes and sizes and can occur in many positions.Renaud and Kahn's 'The art of the checkmate' has a very good chapter on it.

Here's an example from the book highlighting one of it's different aspects

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree