1. Joined
    01 Apr '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 12:41
    Maybe I lost my old password. Maybe I'm tired of my old handle.

The only way the site is harmed is if people use multi accounts to play more than 6 games for free.

Maybe you create multiple ghost players you play against and resign to yourself to push your rating up like some did years ago on this site.
  2. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 13:161 edit
    I was full of admiration for User 285560 at the time. I was impressed by the way he set up so many accounts at once, played them against each other and then catapulted his main account to a 3000+ rating! And all in the space of a day or so. It reminded me of some of the weird and wonderful designs on Fantastic Contraption (http://fantasticcontraption.com/)
  3. Joined
    01 Apr '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 13:33
    Check out our old friend KASPAROV (banned but not forgotten) A Wizard ghost player of the highest level - veritable black belt 5 star super man of chess rhp schizophrenia God rest his souls (the dozens of them) - he's probably among us again as some new nom de guerre or a few such - sort of transmigration of chess personas.
  4. e4
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 13:45
    Hi DF.

It was quite funny. I suppose it shows how light hearted we should take
    the grades on any internet site. Instead of grumbling because some are
    obviously using engines just play and have fun. The result does not matter.
    The majority are playing clean (see the blog).
  5. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 14:07
    It wasn't losing rating points that made me stop playing here, it was losing hours of my life playing a tough game, only to discover that I was playing a box all along.

Some people don't seem to mind playing engines, but I hate it. If I knew from the start I was playing an engine I might stand a small chance of drawing by employing some anti-engine technique. However if I think I'm playing a human then I will play entirely differently and I'll get stuffed by an engine every time, but not until I've spent hours sweating over my moves.
  6. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 14:25
    Originally posted by Data Fly
    It wasn't losing rating points that made me stop playing here, it was losing hours of my life playing a tough game, only to discover that I was playing a box all along.

Some people don't seem to mind playing engines, but I hate it. If I knew from the start I was playing an engine I might stand a small chance of drawing by employing some anti-engine techn ...[text shortened]... I'll get stuffed by an engine every time, but not until I've spent hours sweating over my moves.
    Well said, and so true.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 15:221 edit
    Originally posted by Mike Corey
    Maybe I lost my old password. Maybe I'm tired of my old handle.

The only way the site is harmed is if people use multi accounts to play more than 6 games for free.

Maybe you create multiple ghost players you play against and resign to yourself to push your rating up like some did years ago on this site.
    I like how you ignored the part of my post that specifically dealt with people playing games simultaneously on more than one account.
  8. Joined
    01 Apr '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 15:41
    sg - and that point is what? that it doesn't fit this thread - is that it? Righto on that if that's what it is. But it seems to have shown up and - hey, you talked about it first, right?
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 15:47
    sg - and that point is what? that it doesn't fit this thread - is that it? Righto on that if that's what it is. But it seems to have shown up and - hey, you talked about it first, right?
    Wrong. Someone else insinuated that a person was using multiple accounts. That's how it was brought up.
  10. e4
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 15:49
    Hi DF.

I've only 'sweated' and poured over a few games games on here - a few
    of these have been v S.G. so I was pretty sure I'm was safe ground.

So pick and choose and your games. Go under 1800 and have some fun.
    I'm going to set up 20 v 1300-1500 soon just for pure fun of of it all.
  11. Joined
    01 Apr '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 15:53
    Wrong? So then I like the way you like the way I ignored something that is in your head that I can't figure out - sounds like.... 3 syllables - rhymes with...? Work on making a point.
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 16:43
    Wrong? So then I like the way you like the way I ignored something that is in your head that I can't figure out - sounds like.... 3 syllables - rhymes with...? Work on making a point.
    It was right there on the page. If it takes more work than that to make a point with you, sorry, but I can't be bothered.
  13. Joined
    01 Apr '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 22:48
    Hey - sorry I hurt your feelings. Gotta go. Why don't you find a new friend to yap with.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 23:01
    Hey - sorry I hurt your feelings. Gotta go. Why don't you find a new friend to yap with.
    Good riddance.
  15. Joined
    09 Apr '14
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 03:02
    Hi. I'm new here. What's this thread about?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree