1. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '07 11:31
    Ok, so, for the first time ever, my rating has taken a massive plunge.

I truly don't believe I'm playing any worse than usual. And I don't think it's because I just went member.

It seems that I am simply not getting any opportunities to show off my tactical abilities, and when I do, I get 'unlucky' and hammered right back.

I'll post a few recent games, let me know what you think.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '07 11:32
    Ok well here's one to start

Game 3492601

Just when I marked this game off as a win, I get crushed.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 May '07 13:24
    Originally posted by ih8sens

Game 3492601

at move 22 you should have taken the knight. It opened the file for your rooks to attack the queen and the bishop you took was already trapped anyway and could have been sacked anytime. That is my humble opinion anyway, but wtf do I know...my initials aren't cms.
  4. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    01 May '07 13:30

Game 3492601

I didn't think Black was necessarily winning at any stage in that game. White played his attack better and deserved the point.

As for getting past losing streaks - I usually play a few games against much weaker opponents to remind myself what winning feels like!
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 May '07 13:35
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    I didn't think Black was necessarily winning at any stage in that game. White played his attack better and deserved the point.

As for getting past losing streaks - I usually play a few games against much weaker opponents to remind myself what winning feels like!
    except when that tactic backfires and you get kicked by the little guy!! (re: David vs. Goliath, et.al.)
  6. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    01 May '07 13:42
    Ok, so, for the first time ever, my rating has taken a massive plunge.

I truly don't believe I'm playing any worse than usual. And I don't think it's because I just went member.

It seems that I am simply not getting any opportunities to show off my tactical abilities, and when I do, I get 'unlucky' and hammered right back.

I'll post a few recent games, let me know what you think.
    there's no such thing as an 'unlucky tactic'. you either play it correctly or you blunder. you have all the time in the world, so make sure you don't blunder it.
  7. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    01 May '07 14:02
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    except when that tactic backfires and you get kicked by the little guy!! (re: David vs. Goliath, et.al.)
    When I'm in a bad losing streak I wouldn't dream of playing David, I'd ask his little sister who's only just learnt the moves for a game!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree