Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 14 Mar '16 05:37
    has anybody ever lost their wifi connection while submitting a move on this site. happened to me twice trying to make the same move against the same player. has never happened with other players.
  2. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    14 Mar '16 18:28
    Originally posted by bes257
    has anybody ever lost their wifi connection while submitting a move on this site. happened to me twice trying to make the same move against the same player. has never happened with other players.
    Yeah, I know that guy ... stay away, he's 1337.
  3. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    12 Apr '16 10:46
    Originally posted by bes257
    has anybody ever lost their wifi connection while submitting a move on this site. happened to me twice trying to make the same move against the same player. has never happened with other players.
    There is an app I have on my android called Wifi Analyzer, it shows all the Wifi's in the area, and the relative strength of the signals. My own shows a level of -40 db, which is a very strong signal.

    At a hotel I go to, the Wifi sucks, my analyzer shows their Wifi at -80 db, 10,000X weaker. Not usable, you might try it to at least see if your own Wifi signal is good.
  4. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    13 Apr '16 11:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    There is an app I have on my android called Wifi Analyzer, it shows all the Wifi's in the area, and the relative strength of the signals. My own shows a level of -40 db, which is a very strong signal.

    At a hotel I go to, the Wifi sucks, my analyzer shows their Wifi at -80 db, 10,000X weaker. Not usable, you might try it to at least see if your own Wifi signal is good.
    ..if you live in a congested area you might want to play around with the band. I think there are 14(?) bands. If you are using a band that is close to a lot of other wifi signals in your location then it can cause yours to be intermittent.
  5. Subscriber moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    14 Apr '16 05:43
    A dropped wifi connection will not have anything to do with RHP or which player you are playing or what move you are trying to make. It has solely to do with the access point(s) &/or sources of RF interference in your immediate vicinity. Public hotspots are very variable in the quality of service they offer.
  6. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    14 Apr '16 11:06
    Originally posted by moonbus
    A dropped wifi connection will not have anything to do with RHP or which player you are playing or what move you are trying to make. It has solely to do with the access point(s) &/or sources of RF interference in your immediate vicinity. Public hotspots are very variable in the quality of service they offer.
    Yes, hackers have no way to hack a wifi at least over the net. It is just a transponder.