1. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    16 May '08 20:09
    Originally posted by Northern Lad
    Interestingly, Jonathon Speelman has always reckoned that Ivanchuk would be comfortably world no 1 but for his sometimes dodgy nerves.
    I really got into chess again after a while I joined RHP, but I remember reading that when we was younger he would be next Kasparov. But just like you said his nerves really brings him down lots of time. He's always on time trouble this days and that can make it only worst I think. Let's see how the rest of the tournament goes for him.
  2. The sky
    Moves
    18 May '08 13:021 edit
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    I really got into chess again after a while I joined RHP, but I remember reading that when we was younger he would be next Kasparov. But just like you said his nerves really brings him down lots of time. He's always on time trouble this days and that can make it only worst I think. Let's see how the rest of the tournament goes for him.
    The last round is currently being played. Very interesting games. Ivanchuk is a full point ahead of Topalov, so unless Topalov wins, Ivanchuk loses and Topalov wins the tiebreak, he'll win the tournament. And it doesn't look like Ivanchuk is going to lose.

Edit: Cheparinov - Ivanchuk 0-1! 🙂 The game between Topalov and Radjabov is crazy, I don't understand a thing.
  3. Joined
    08 Dec '07
    Moves
    18 May '08 13:26
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    The last round is currently being played. Very interesting games. Ivanchuk is a full point ahead of Topalov, so unless Topalov wins, Ivanchuk loses and Topalov wins the tiebreak, he'll win the tournament. And it doesn't look like Ivanchuk is going to lose.

Edit: Cheparinov - Ivanchuk 0-1! 🙂 The game between Topalov and Radjabov is crazy, I don't understand a thing.
    Sounds a very good tournament for Ivanchuk- no losses.
  4. The sky
    Moves
    18 May '08 13:29
    Originally posted by mjolnir
    Sounds a very good tournament for Ivanchuk- no losses.
    And more wins than draws! He ends with 8/10, that's pretty amazing.
  5. Joined
    08 Dec '07
    Moves
    18 May '08 13:30
    And more wins than draws! He ends with 8/10, that's pretty amazing.
    It is a fantastic result, especially seeing as you or me would go away with 0/10! A consolation prize would be in order.
  6. The sky
    Moves
    18 May '08 13:39
    Topalov - Radjabov 1/2-1/2
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 May '08 15:26
    Topalov - Radjabov 1/2-1/2
    Weird game. 🙂
  8. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    18 May '08 15:27

Yay For Ivanchuk!
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 May '08 19:20
    Ivanchuck won again and without losing a single game! His performance has been amazing. It's also remarkable just how versatile he has proven himself to be. He played the French, Sicilian, QID, Slav, etc. and each time chose a different variation. As White too, he has mixed it up a lot. With databases and chess engines allowing extremely detailed preparation for one's opponents, perhaps the days of sticking to a handful of openings at the top level will not last much longer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree