1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 01:19
    Hello all, Does anyone here do this? I read somewhere that most GM's can easily memorize up to 50 Master games. In fact I have heard this is a vital step towards chess mastery. I intend on seeing how many full Master games I can memorize. These are games I would like to know intimatley; like a good friend or lover. I remember certain tactical ideas, patterns, and planning very clearly from the games I study and memorize. I am currently at 10 games, all of them 35 moves or more. If there is a magic bullet to chess improvement this must be it! Has anyone here tried this? What have your results been like?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 01:36
    Originally posted by likeforest
    Hello all, Does anyone here do this? I read somewhere that most GM's can easily memorize up to 50 Master games. In fact I have heard this is a vital step towards chess mastery. I intend on seeing how many full Master games I can memorize. These are games I would like to know intimatley; like a good friend or lover. I remember certain tactical ideas, ...[text shortened]... ss improvement this must be it! Has anyone here tried this? What have your results been like?
    I've memorized games through osmosis persay. Play enough chess and look through a few databased games and you start remembering the patterns.
  3. washington
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 01:38
    i know of people who know key moves and why. they can recall a whole game that is drawn or how one side messed up and lossed. yes they do memorize some lines to that extent. but memorizing a game can only do so much. like if your opponent makes a different move. then you obviously have to know what your doing in order to keep up. so say you have a 20 move game memorized and your opponent steps out of line at move 10. you would have to know the plans and how to handle the game at that point. memorizing entire games makes your chess dull. you'll play a safe move rather than look for a better one.
  4. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 02:09
    Originally posted by likeforest
    Hello all, Does anyone here do this? I read somewhere that most GM's can easily memorize up to 50 Master games. In fact I have heard this is a vital step towards chess mastery. I intend on seeing how many full Master games I can memorize. These are games I would like to know intimatley; like a good friend or lover. I remember certain tactical ideas, ...[text shortened]... ss improvement this must be it! Has anyone here tried this? What have your results been like?
    I would focus on memorizing openings, not entire games. As kmac said, memorizing openings can offer some flexibility and you won't be at such a disadvantage if you have to deviate early. Also, as ih8sens says, memorizing openings can be really easy if you just go to the database each time.
  5. USA
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 03:26
    Are you allowed to use the gamesexplorer during a game?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 03:28
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Are you allowed to use the gamesexplorer during a game?
    lol yah. Databases are allowed.
  7. USA
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 03:35
    that'll help me a lot!😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree