Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 06 Nov '06 23:27
    http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3464

    He is basically erring saying that Fritz 10 has an ELO of 3000+.
    That can be true, but never against human players, only against other engines/machines.

    The PGNs of the entire match are available for anyone.

    There's out there someone with ANY version of Fritz that can submit to it (not necessarily v10) the games of the match for analysis and tell us what his/her discoveries are?

    I know it is a lot of work and a waste of time, but I'm very curious.
    And I want to see the Danailov's assertions refuted.

    Thanks.
  2. 06 Nov '06 23:35
    Originally posted by CrazyLilTing
    http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3464

    He is basically erring saying that Fritz 10 has an ELO of 3000+.
    That can be true, but never against human players, only against other engines/machines.

    The PGNs of the entire match are available for anyone.

    There's out there someone with ANY version of Fritz that can submit to it (not necess ...[text shortened]... time, but I'm very curious.
    And I want to see the Danailov's assertions refuted.

    Thanks.
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=53164&page=30#post_991777
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=53164&page=34#post_992793
  3. 06 Nov '06 23:46
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=53164&page=30#post_991777
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=53164&page=34#post_992793
    Thanks for the links, Nordlys. I'm following them just now.
    Cheers!

    - J
  4. 06 Nov '06 23:51
    Man, how lame.

    I'd like to see him explain why Kramnik won in the tiebreak Rapid games; where Kramnik didn't have time to leave the board during the games.

    Lame....
  5. 07 Nov '06 00:04
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    Man, how lame.

    I'd like to see him explain why Kramnik won in the tiebreak Rapid games; where Kramnik didn't have time to leave the board during the games.

    Lame....
    Rapid being the key word.
  6. 07 Nov '06 00:06
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    Man, how lame.

    I'd like to see him explain why Kramnik won in the tiebreak Rapid games; where Kramnik didn't have time to leave the board during the games.

    Lame....
    I totally agree with you.
    The match was finished in the last 4 games, when Kramnik can't be acused of anything, and he showed an exceptional performance over Toppy.

    - J

    P.S.: don't ask me why, but I hate Danailov
    In spite of it, I think Toppy is a great player, but lacks intelligence (out of the board) while selecting his manager, and a lack of attitude to take the handle during the Elista conflict.
  7. 07 Nov '06 00:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Audacious
    Rapid being the key word.

    Are you disagreeing with me, or making some other point?

    If so, you are claiming that Kramnik needed to cheat in the Long Time controls, but did NOT need to cheat in the Rapids?

    Come on....
  8. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    07 Nov '06 00:41
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    Originally posted by Audacious
    [b]Rapid being the key word.


    Are you disagreeing with me, or making some other point?

    If so, you are claiming that Kramnik needed to cheat in the Long Time controls, but did NOT need to cheat in the Rapids?

    Come on....[/b]
    Everyone knows that Kramnik is an awesome rapid player and Topalov is a giant chump in anything other than classical .
  9. 07 Nov '06 17:37
    Originally posted by CrazyLilTing
    http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3464

    He is basically erring saying that Fritz 10 has an ELO of 3000+.
    That can be true, but never against human players, only against other engines/machines.

    The PGNs of the entire match are available for anyone.

    There's out there someone with ANY version of Fritz that can submit to it (not necess ...[text shortened]... time, but I'm very curious.
    And I want to see the Danailov's assertions refuted.

    Thanks.
    I'm terribly sick from hearing of Topalov and Danailov. It pains me to hear of Topalov because he was once one of my favorite players. After the World Championship, he lost me as a fan forever. When I put Topalov beside a Fischer or a Capablanca (i.e. both of the latter World Champions were gentlemen at the board regardless of what they said or did away from it) I see how Vesselin pales next to the greats and how he should never be allowed to play in another World Championship as long as he lives; as far as his Danailov, I think Kamsky's games with Nigel Short explains the situation just fine.
  10. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    07 Nov '06 19:01
    Originally posted by powershaker
    I'm terribly sick from hearing of Topalov and Danailov. It pains me to hear of Topalov because he was once one of my favorite players. After the World Championship, he lost me as a fan forever. When I put Topalov beside a Fischer or a Capablanca (i.e. both of the latter World Champions were gentlemen at the board regardless of what they said or did aw ...[text shortened]... far as his Danailov, I think Kamsky's games with Nigel Short explains the situation just fine.
    Remember back when you were dead certain that Kramnik was a cheat?
  11. Standard member Kirwan
    Mel Kirwan
    07 Nov '06 19:04
    I think Kamsky's games with Nigel Short explains the situation just fine.


    To which games are you referring please?
  12. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    08 Nov '06 16:15
    Originally posted by Kirwan
    I think Kamsky's games with Nigel Short explains the situation just fine.


    To which games are you referring please?
    the father Kamsky threatened Nigel with bodily harm

    (games away from the chessboard)

    Kamsky is on the rise again, and his father is no longer his manager.
  13. 08 Nov '06 22:37
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=53164&page=30#post_991777
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=53164&page=34#post_992793
    What is this timeforchess.com? It's exactly like RHP! What's going on? Is timeforchess.com owned by RHP, or is there something else I am missing.
  14. 08 Nov '06 23:13
    Originally posted by chesskid001
    What is this timeforchess.com? It's exactly like RHP! What's going on? Is timeforchess.com owned by RHP, or is there something else I am missing.
    They are all different front-ends to RHP. You can choose different color sets. but the site is the same, RHP.

    - J