1. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 11:53
    Originally posted by diskamyl
    I lost around 40 points because of that Heng guy. He was 1800 at the time when I got a piece up, and when he finally resigned, he was somewhere around 800, and I lost points eventhough I won.

I think it is reasonable and even necessary for RHP to limit maximum games.
    They do, non subs only get six. 😛
  2. Standard memberkwgoodwin
    Patently Geeky
    US Midwest
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 20:03
    Originally posted by boarman
    Dont play them.
    It's not normally by choice, but in tournaments. It's too bad that those that enter too many tournaments to be able to keep up with their games keep others out of those tournaments who actually WILL play their games.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 23:121 edit
    Originally posted by eagleeye222001
    Basically you think that the rating change from the result of a game should be based on your opponents rating right before the game starts and not when it ends, right?

Let's pretend that we change the rating system to work as described above. What happens when I start a game against a 1600 but when I win, he/she is a 1800? Is it fair now that I o day time controls with no timebank.

Its your choice who you play or who you possibly play.
    that's not true, I wasn't recommending that rating system. I was just arguing that putting a limit to maximum number of games could stop these kinds of sudden rating changes. (like from 1800 to 800).

just let me remind you, the player we are talking about here (Heng)got timed out in hundreds of games right after his vacation period has ended.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 01:281 edit
    Originally posted by diskamyl
    that's not true, I wasn't recommending that rating system. I was just arguing that putting a limit to maximum number of games could stop these kinds of sudden rating changes. (like from 1800 to 800).

just let me remind you, the player we are talking about here (Heng)got timed out in [b]hundreds
    of games right after his vacation period has ended.[/b]
    I have played heng many games, his rating usually runs 1400-1600 with over 800 games in progress right now...He was over 1200 games and staying around the same rating... It is quite an amazing feat, you really don't know unless you have tried.
    You probably caught him at a low point, and it probably didn't stay at 800 for very long. He is a paying subscriber and entitled to have as many games going as he feels like playing !!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree