1. Joined
    14 May '14
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 23:14
    Most Irritating player I have ever played was cleaning his feet while playing. And yes he was handling the pieces also.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 23:22
    Originally posted by Rookpawn59
    Most Irritating player I have ever played was cleaning his feet while playing. And yes he was handling the pieces also.
    I'm guessing this was over the board?

Didn't the arbiters have anything to say about that? By handling the pieces do you mean touching them in order to make moves after playing with his feet or do you mean that he'd put his hand on one then another and so forth?

You've got my sympathy anyway, that's not something one should have to put up with.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 23:52
    Makes you wonder what he does when playing online!
  4. Joined
    14 May '14
    Moves
    10 Mar '15 00:11
    God forbid the use of cameras! 🙂
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Mar '15 06:21
    God forbid the use of cameras! 🙂
    There's a thought! Webcam chess. Anyone seen BustyBeaver?
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '15 09:46
    If it was an Over-The-Board game, you could have worn fist aid gloves hopefully. I hope that is not against the USCF rules.

However, does the USCF require using the same hand for pressing the clock as for moving pieces during an OTB game? If so, then let him or her use his or her own board, pieces, and clock.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 06:24
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    If it was an Over-The-Board game, you could have worn fist aid gloves hopefully. I hope that is not against the USCF rules.

Fist aid gloves! 😲
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 16:57

However, does the USCF require using the same hand for pressing the clock as for moving pieces during an OTB game? If so, then let him or her use his or her own board, pieces, and clock.
    The rule about using the same hand to make the move and press the clock is in the FIDE rules of chess - so it's automatically part of USCF rules.
  9. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    14 Mar '15 01:06
    Boy, I bet you were cheesed!
  10. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    14 Mar '15 01:082 edits

One time Cubs manager Dusty Baker was talking about players with unusual habits, and he mentioned that outfielder Moise Alou urinated on his hands to make the skin tougher for when he swung a bat.

Baker added "..and I think that's why other players just give him the 'fist' (instead of a 'high five' ) ".
  11. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    14 Mar '15 01:11
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The rule about using the same hand to make the move and press the clock is in the FIDE rules of chess - so it's automatically part of USCF rules.
    Otherwise we could use hand and foot, and people would confuse us with kung fu. King fu?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Mar '15 16:22
    Was he cleaning his feet, or did he have his opening moves craftily written on his toes?

Never trust an opponent wearing sandals.

True story...
  13. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    14 Mar '15 20:27
    I kicked a guy out of my club for taking a packet of pot out and doing whatever it was to get rid of the stems and seeds while he was playing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree