1. e4
    Moves
    30 Mar '09 22:52
    Thanks for link FL.

The whole thing makes grim and interesting reading.
  2. USA
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 00:461 edit
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    This topic is all so bizarrely entertaining. 😏 Hollywood could never be this creative, hehe. It's just so sad that Fischer isn't around any more to continue adding fuel to the fire. I don't know who to believe. I've never had a reason to doubt Evans or Labate; I'm still not sure about Trice.

Anyway, I read part of Labate's post. I'll read the rest late this controversy is going to provide more entertainment down the road. Woo Hoo!!!
    I've had a bit of experience in the publishing industry, and that is a reasonable cost per book; for example, a typical cost for a 256 page 5.5 by 8.5 inch book with a full color, laminated color and black and white interior for a 3000 copies should not be more than 2 or 3 dollars a copy, as much of the cost if fixed (initial labor, setting up files, preparing plates, etc.). Of course, the benefit of printing more books goes down as you print more, to the point where printing let's say 10,000 books versus printing 20,000 books will save you pennies per copy, while requiring a much larger up front investment of capital
  3. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 01:031 edit
    Originally posted by chesskid001
    I've had a bit of experience in the publishing industry, and that is a reasonable cost per book; for example, a typical cost for a 256 page 5.5 by 8.5 inch book with a full color, laminated color and black and white interior for a 3000 copies should not be more than 2 or 3 dollars a copy, as much of the cost if fixed (initial labor, setting up files, pre s will save you pennies per copy, while requiring a much larger up front investment of capital
    That's good to know about the book cost, but with all the subsequent happenings, I formed my opinion on the issue a while back. Let's just say that I don't have any plans of getting into Gothic chess, and if I meet Trice in a bar, I won't be buying him any beers. 🙂
  4. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 01:13
    ... and if I meet Trice in a bar
    You're more likely to meet Trice behind bars than in a bar.
  5. e4
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 01:241 edit
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    You're more likely to meet Trice behind bars than in a bar.
    Or here..... User 485843
  6. SubscriberkNIGHTHEAD
    aka DEFIANT
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 02:14
    If this new information somehow makes it to Lawrence Day in Toronto, I wonder if he'll write a followup article about it. 🙂
    I will look out for it 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree