1. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    14 May '10 17:02
    Hi folks,

For the near future, I intend to accept open invites from "p1200" players, and welcome them to the site. After a good number of games, I think I will have a pretty good idea of the impact on my games and my rating, which I will share.

I'll update as appropriate!😲
  2. Joined
    01 Feb '07
    Moves
    14 May '10 17:13
    I was thinking of doing the same. What's the expected rating +/- impact from a win or loss against a 1200p?
  3. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    14 May '10 17:35
    Originally posted by 93confirmed
    I was thinking of doing the same. What's the expected rating +/- impact from a win or loss against a 1200p?
    I just copied this from the FAQ:

If you have a non-provisional rating and you play a provisional-rated player, then you receive (or lose) only half the number of rating points you would normally. If the provisionally-rated player has played fewer than five games, then their rating is treated as 1200 when calculating your rating.

I could see myself taking a ratings hit, but mine is a yo yo anyway, and I don't get too excited over it as long as I feel like I am playing well (which isn't the case lately!)

Paul

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree