1. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 23:361 edit
    9. ... Nxe4 should be wrong, but I couldn't resist (it wasn't that Poisoned Pawn, but it was more poisoned than usual).

samo vuori played excellent, although it was just a blitz 5+0

I was under impression that White had more than just a compensation for a Pawn.

/I hadn't learned yet how to post a comments/

2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 07:18
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    9. ... Nxe4 should be wrong, but I couldn't resist (it wasn't [b]that Poisoned Pawn, but it was more poisoned than usual).

samo vuori played excellent, although it was just a blitz 5+0

I was under impression that White had more than just a compensation for a Pawn.

/I hadn't learned yet how to post a comments/

[pgn][Event "RHP Blitz ...[text shortened]... 4 Rb2-b4 29. Bc4-f1 Rb4-b2 30. Bf1-c4 Rb2-b4 31. Bc4-f1 Rb4-b2 1/2-1/2
    [/pgn][/b]
    mmm, i dont think that white played that well, in Najdorf and Scicilians generally black
    has two weaknesses, the d5 square and the d6 pawn. This has certain strategic
    values, we always try to take back on d5 with a piece and/or we exchange off those
    pieces controlling d5, the f6 knight and the light squared bishop so that we can put our
    own knight on d5 with impunity, for when we are forced to take back with a pawn on
    d5 , all blacks weaknesses are gone, the d file is closed, we no longer have d5 for our
    pieces and the backward d pawn is immune to attack.
  3. Joined
    21 Jan '12
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 15:47
    I play the opocensky,bad,but I do play it.
    Nd5 is a trap.Not often seen,probably because it isn't that great even if black walks into it.

The idea is 9.Nd5 Nxe4? 10.Bb6! Qc8 (not Qd7 because then you have trouble winning the knight) 11.Nc7+ winning the rook for a knight and pawn.

Bit odd white set the trap but never sprung it.
    blitz I guess
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 16:12
    I must have been blind. (We in fact both have been blind.)
    I knew I had a reason to feel uncomfortable.
    Main line is 9... Nbd7 of course. So I overrated the game, after all.

I remember the time when Hübner destroyed Portisch with 6. Be3 only because Hungarian did not want to play anything other than Sicilian Najdorf ...
  5. Joined
    21 Jan '12
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 18:53
    not overrated,still looks a fine blitzbattle.
    one opening goof doesn't make the whole game worthless!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree