1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 14:34
    http://www.bilbaomastersfinal.com/en/live-games/

the Bilbao masters is live at the link above. Check out NvA, crazy opening!! 😀
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 14:59
    http://livechess.chessdom.com/site/
  3. Wat?
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 15:18
    Yeah? Look at the blockade around K, and at the attacking lines Carlsen has in his game! 🙂
  4. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 15:33
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Yeah? Look at the blockade around K, and at the attacking lines Carlsen has in his game! 🙂
    Yes i've been following that game too. I've played the same opening as white a number of times but never really felt it would be played at the top level. The exchanges that take place at the beginning just seem to take the tension out of the position too early for white to genuinely choose it. Guess i was wrong there then! Carlsen does seem to be a master at playing 'level' positions though, the number of times i've seen him win a game from a 0.00-0.01 position after the opening is starting to get ridiculous...😀
  5. Wat?
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 15:41
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Yes i've been following that game too. I've played the same opening as white a number of times but never really felt it would be played at the top level. The exchanges that take place at the beginning just seem to take the tension out of the position too early for white to genuinely choose it. Guess i was wrong there then! Carlsen does seem to be a maste ...[text shortened]... m win a game from a 0.00-0.01 position after the opening is starting to get ridiculous...😀
    Totally agreed. He still has a love for QG when playing W. I like that too!.. 🙂

-m.
  6. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 15:46
    Totally agreed. He still has a love for QG when playing W. I like that too!.. 🙂

-m.
    It's the early Nh4 that i dislike, jumping straight into exchanges just seems wrong to me..
  7. Wat?
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 16:00
    It's the early Nh4 that i dislike, jumping straight into exchanges just seems wrong to me..
    I can't and never play Nh4. An immediate Bg5 yes, to exchange with N to weaken K'side castle, if it's looking that way, which it does so I often play. Nh4 scares me, and I'd be out of my depth within 3 moves. It seems wrong cos to me it's totally a non-book move and rarely do we see it. Carlsen is developing his own collection... a force to be reckoned with for a long time I reckon.
  8. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 16:03
    I can't and never play Nh4. An immediate Bg5 yes, to exchange with N to weaken K'side castle, if it's looking that way, which it does so I often play. Nh4 scares me, and I'd be out of my depth within 3 moves. It seems wrong cos to me it's totally a non-book move and rarely do we see it. Carlsen is developing his own collection... a force to be reckoned with for a long time I reckon.
    Nh4 is theory, check any database and the results for white are about 55%

In my experience it's very difficult to prove that in a game though. Carlsen is Carlsen though so lets wait and see. 🙂
  9. Wat?
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 17:38
    Nh4 is theory, check any database and the results for white are about 55%

In my experience it's very difficult to prove that in a game though. Carlsen is Carlsen though so lets wait and see. 🙂
    Move 33 was inspired!
  10. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 17:45
    Move 33 was inspired!
    I have to wonder what black was thinking with 34..b5? He looked ok up until then..

Nakamura looks good! Might even win if he keeps his level up 🙂
  11. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 18:36
    Nakamura! What a brilliant display by him today, i can't se how he can possibly not win this game. Positional masterpiece! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree