1. Joined
    15 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '09 16:22
    This is regarding the interview with Karpov in June's Chess Life. Yes, interview wise...it was a good read, but really, is this all the US chess magazine should be getting from this great legend? Everytime someone interviews Karpov they have to ask about Fischer and the match that never was. GIVE THE GUY A BREAK! It was 30+ years ago, time to let it go. Karpov proved to be a great champion. Now he keeps somewhat active in the rapid chess circuit and does plenty to promote chess worldwide. This is the problem with the USCF, they get a chance to talk with one of the greatest players ever, and they want to bring up crap that happened 30 years ago. There are more important and interesting issues that can be addressed NOW and I'd love to here Karpov's take. ...What he thinks about FIDE, the USCF, today's grandmasters, computers, his plans, the future of chess, chess promotion, analysis of games, advice for improvement! Why do they insist on beating the dead horse?? Karpov must be sick of answering these questions, yet still does so graciously.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree