1. Joined
    18 Jun '11
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 16:50
    Hi folks

My name is Tony and I play for and run Leeds Chess Club, I am also the club webmaster.

I have recently started a Youtube chess channel that contains chess lessons, opening, middlegame & endgame. It contains OTB games that I have annotated and also blitz/ bullet games with live commentary. The idea behind this is for people to enjoy the videos and some of the mistakes, also for players to learn.

You can find the channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/TonyChessVids?feature=mhum.

Please subscribe to the channel, give me any feedback and also you can email tony@leedschessclub.org any suggestions/ ideas for future videos.

Many thanks
    Tony.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 19:12
    Originally posted by chesstony1982
    Hi folks

My name is Tony and I play for and run Leeds Chess Club, I am also the club webmaster.

I have recently started a Youtube chess channel that contains chess lessons, opening, middlegame & endgame. It contains OTB games that I have annotated and also blitz/ bullet games with live commentary. The idea behind this is for people to enjoy the v ...[text shortened]... an email tony@leedschessclub.org any suggestions/ ideas for future videos.

Many thanks
    Tony.
    very good, i like your explanations and your choice of music, some ZZ Top i believe in the endgame lectures. well done, ill subscribe, for ive never understood the Lucena position until now, thanks very much - regards Robbie 🙂
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 19:45
    About this Reti pawn race video, what if black plays 1.Kb6?

Black's pawn can give the white king one more move before he has to take off. No?
  4. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 13:42
    Originally posted by chesstony1982
    Hi folks

I have recently started a Youtube chess channel that contains chess lessons, opening, middlegame & endgame. It contains OTB games that I have annotated and also blitz/ bullet games with live commentary. The idea behind this is for people to enjoy the v ...[text shortened]... an email tony@leedschessclub.org any suggestions/ ideas for future videos.

Many thanks
    Tony.
    I just saw the same post on chess.com.
  5. bedlam
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 14:21
    Originally posted by Eladar
    About this Reti pawn race video, what if black plays 1.Kb6?

Black's pawn can give the white king one more move before he has to take off. No?
    White just makes the same moves,it doesn't change anything

6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 16:36
    Thanks for showing the line. I even ran through it on my board at home and I still had white winning! 🙁
  7. bedlam
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 16:59
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Thanks for showing the line. I even ran through it on my board at home and I still had white winning! 🙁
    Always glad to share what little knowledge I possess.

Just to make sure,you meant you had black winning,right?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 17:05
    Yep, I guess it's one of those days.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree