Moves
    24 Jan '11 05:40
    http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre70j62t-us-chess-brain/
  2. Joined
    26 Jan '10
    Moves
    24 Jan '11 08:38
    This is very interesting!

Now all I need to do is convince some good chess players (New Zealand only has one Grand Master, and he is an import) to strap my Emotiv neuroheadset on and subject themselves to a series of tests to find out their secrets!
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Jan '11 21:491 edit
    Originally posted by Tiwaking
    This is very interesting!

Now all I need to do is convince some good chess players (New Zealand only has one Grand Master, and he is an import) to strap my Emotiv neuroheadset on and subject themselves to a series of tests to find out their secrets!
    Making little nanobots to sniff out the salient parts of the brain and reproduce that pattern in someone else?

What would happen to chess if every chess player was as strong as Kasparov?
  4. Standard memberhedonist
    peacedog's keeper
    Moves
    24 Jan '11 21:56
    Originally posted by sonhouse

What would happen to chess if every chess player was as strong as Kasparov?
    Well for a start, Kasparov himself would only have an average rating. Which if you include all chessplayers, is about 1500elo 🙄
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jan '11 00:441 edit
    Originally posted by hedonist
    Well for a start, Kasparov himself would only have an average rating. Which if you include all chessplayers, is about 1500elo 🙄
    I don't think that would happen considering Kas is retired. It would have an effect on active players. If every HS tournie had 2800 level players, I guess it would make for a lot of innovation in openings but would there be room for brilliancies?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree