Nezhmetdinov Memorial 2014

Nezhmetdinov Memorial 2014

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Moves
18 May 14

Does anyone know about the upcoming Nezhmetdinov Memorial starting around the end of this month, May 2014? Natalia Pogonina is supposed to participate in the Men's event even though she is a woman.

Where is the official website going to be? I don't know if the tournament will have one.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 May 14
1 edit

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
Does anyone know about the upcoming Nezhmetdinov Memorial starting around the end of this month, May 2014? Natalia Pogonina is supposed to participate in the Men's event even though she is a woman.

Where is the official website going to be? I don't know if the tournament will have one.
Does she have to get a gender bender operation?πŸ™‚

She would be following in the footsteps of the noted Ms Polgar, for chess that isπŸ™‚

Polgar is in the 2700's, definitely high ranking, what about Nat?

I see she is rated around 2500. I went to her chess site and there is a play chess section. It LOOKED like I was playing people but the speed and accuracy of the play makes it look like a computer. I never saw such speed before with such devastating attacks, stuff I never saw before, knight sacs and such leading to me losing my rook but I won that first game but not again. Do you know if the players there are just engines?

DF

Moves
20 May 14
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
I see she is rated around 2500. I went to her chess site and there is a play chess section. It LOOKED like I was playing people but the speed and accuracy of the play makes it look like a computer. I never saw such speed before with such devastating attacks, stuff I never saw before, knight sacs and such leading to me losing my rook but I won that first game but not again. Do you know if the players there are just engines?
I've just registered there and having played my first (and last) game, I have to agree that the "players" there are just engines. My 1600 rated opponent played the whole of our five minute game in about 30 seconds flat! (and won very easily).

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
20 May 14

Originally posted by Data Fly
I've just registered there and having played my first (and last) game, I have to agree that the "players" there are just engines. My 1600 rated opponent played the whole of our five minute game in about 30 seconds flat! (and won very easily).
Where is "there" in I've just registered there? tyia

DF

Moves
20 May 14
1 edit

Originally posted by ketchuplover
Where is "there" in I've just registered there? tyia
http://www.pogonina.com/ and click on the "Play Chess" link. It needs Microsoft Silverlight, which I think means Internet Explorer only.

K

Moves
31 May 14
1 edit

If I am not wrong, the Nezhmetdinov Memorial 2014 starts tomorrow, Saturday, May 31, 2014 in a Russian Time Zone, I guess.

The tournament is to take place in Kazan, Russia, and the Official website is:
http://www.tat-chess.ru/index/35_kubok_r_g_nezhmetdinova_ehtap_kubka_rossii/0-10

Natalia Pogonina will be playing. Check out her website at:
http://www.pogonina.com